The Senior Leasing Consultant works under the supervision of the Community Leader and the guidance of others. The primary duty of the Senior Leasing Consultant is to rent apartment units to prospective residents. The Senior Leasing Consultant may also fill other roles as a result of experience in leasing and/or in the multi housing industry. Associates in this position will perform all normal leasing activities but also may act as a lead leasing consultant, may perform duties normally performed by a Support Manager, or be called upon to perform more difficult or complex leasing tasks than other Leasing Consultants.
Duties and Responsibilities*:
* Rents apartment units at the assigned property to prospective residents.
* Meets with prospective residents and checks the availability of units that best fit their desires and budget.
* Shows apartments and the overall community to prospective residents; explains other amenities of living at the community; uses standard sales closing methods to sell the prospective resident on Mid-America Apartment Communities.
* Takes all needed information from prospective residents after they have indicated a desire to move to the property; completes all paperwork and data entry associated with leasing activities.
* Contacts prospective residents of approval/disapproval; assists them in completing the lease and receives initial rent and deposit payments; assists new residents with the move-in process.
* Prepares and maintains a file for each resident.
* Contacts residents with expiring leases to discuss renewals and encourages the renewal of the lease.
* Assists others in marketing efforts in the community to promote the property positively and to help bring in prospective residents. This includes implementing and carrying out marketing efforts such as outside marketing calls.
* Takes resident calls for service or other needs and forwards to the appropriate staff member; writes work orders for service; promotes good resident relations through courteous and timely response to resident needs and concerns.
* Answers outside phone calls and greets visitors.
* May act as Leasing Manager, providing limited assignment of work and coordinating leasing activities.
* May perform duties normally assigned to Support Managers such as collecting rent, recording it in Yardi, and maintaining related records.
* May be assigned tasks that are more difficult or complex than normally assigned to other Leasing Consultants
* Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Like full-time Leasing Consultants, Senior Leasing Consultants will be required to attend classroom training at the Corporate Office at the first opportunity to schedule after employment. Mid-America will provide transportation in the most cost and time efficient way. This may require air travel.
* Above average ability to communicate with clients and with co-workers both verbally and in writing
* Basic personal computer skills and ability to learn specialized software
* Skill to convince prospective residents of the advantages of living at a community by sales closing methods
* Knowledge of the work of other associates at a property
* Ability to organize work
* Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends and some holidays as required
* Ability to learn and comply with industry legal requirements, especially related to federal and local Fair Housing Laws
* Ability to travel off-site for training courses and outside marketing
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Physical: Primarily office work
Regular need to walk or operate golf cart to take prospects to units
Ability to walk up flights of stairs to access units
May stoop bend, and crouch in the process of pointing out unit details to prospects
Environment: Primarily office environment with occasional work in an outdoor environment
Exposure to all types of weather conditions
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of full-time, successful apartment leasing experience. Basic personal computer skills. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
This position requires you to complete the PeopleAnswers Assessment to be considered. You will be prompted to a website to complete it upon submission of your online application. Applications without an assessment will not be considered.
Job LocationPlano, Texas, United StatesCompany LocationHighwood - 196 Units Position TypeFull-Time/Regular