· Minor structural repairs requiring the ability to arc, mig and tig weld with minimal expertise.
· Provide hands-on support through troubleshooting equipment electrical faults using a multi-meter, oscilloscopes, etc. and electrical schematics to diagnose problems and complete repairs.
· Minor mechanical repairs e.g., replacement of drive belts and chains, shafts and bearings, etc.
· Drive Preventative Maintenance programs on all mechanical building systems (Checklist, documentation and tasks as assigned)
· Conduct preventative maintenance e.g., greasing bearings, chains, adjust drive belt/chain tension, and evaluate component wear and recommend replacement parts.
· Perform minor crane repairs e.g., replacement of pendants, switches, brakes, etc.
· Must be able to effectively communicate with the staff, vendors, contractors and Maintenance Director and Plant Manager
· May be called upon to work various schedules based upon business necessity
· Run conduit and pull wires.
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required
· Minimum 2 years direct work experience or Associate Degree related towards maintenance
· Familiarity with arc, mig, and tig welding
· Predictive Maintenance Knowledge and Utilization
· Able to handle multiple projects
· The ability to use a multi-meter
· Familiarity with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's)
· Understanding of electrical schematics, including symbology and relay circuitsCompany Description NVIC is a Gray Iron foundry established in 1996 and located in North Vernon, Indiana. Manufacturing of large counterbalance products is our primary business focus. This single faceted objective has allowed NVIC to prosper and grow dramatically through the years. Strict operation controls and awareness of the environment are essential parts of our organization. This commitment is reflected by our registration of both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.