Welsh & Colliers International is one of the leading commercial real estate companies in the Twin Cities. We have built on our reputation as an industry leader on hard work, dedication, and an unwavering commitment to our shared values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, and mutual profitability. Our dedication to providing a complete range of exceptional real estate services helps to foster a working environment that is both positive and rewarding. We offer services in property management, facility services, architecture, construction, capital, and brokerage. At Welsh & Colliers International, we pride ourselves in having a great work culture and we have been named as one of the best places to work in the Twin Cities by the Minneapolis Business Journal multiple years in a row, including 2013 and 2014. Welsh also offers continuing education classes on campus and we act on our belief that "helping people is good business."
$1000 Sign-on bonus after 3 months of employment.
Welsh offers a competitive compensation and benefit packages. Examples of our benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, short & long term disability, 401(k) with company match, Paid Time Off, etc.
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled work in the maintenance of property portfolios; and performs related duties as assigned.The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following specific tasks. Other duties may be assigned at any time.
* Working closely with Dispatch / to perform service calls as needed on commercial properties throughout the metro area.
* Working closely with Project Management to execute proposal projects and tasks.
* Participate in after hours on call rotation.
* Possess the technical skillset to navigate company issued tablets and smartphone.
* Prioritize tasks and communicate updates daily.
* Purchases supplies and materials necessary to complete projects.
* Prioritize and ask for help when needed.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
* Work Experience
Preferred: One or more years experience in an equivalent service, maintenance, and repair or similarly related company.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Knowledge of trades specifically a wide range of carpentry, framing, door hardware installation and repair, drywall installation and repair, painting related to all aspects of building maintenance, ceramic tile installation and repair etc.
* Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
* Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
* Skill in using hand and power tools.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with tenants and property management.
* Ability to communicate effectively is critical; both orally and in writing via company issued devices.
* Must have positive can-do attitude and pose the desire to succeed and grow in our environment.
* Able to work alone and/or work as a team player as directed.
* Must have good customer service skills.
* Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Required : MN Drivers License
* Physical Requirements
Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday.
The majority of duties for this job description will be performed within both an indoor and outdoor environment. Work frequently requires the employee to travel and work or meet at customer sites. From this movement, the employee will encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures. The normal auto hazards will apply. This position may require lifting, climbing, twisting, etc. to uncover existing conditions or problems and examine proposed or completed work. The body must perform the normal duties of twisting, reaching, and hand movements required to uncover and examine such conditions as well as performing day-to-day duties.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or disability.
BEST REPRESENTATION STATEMENT
This job description is written to the best of our knowledge as of the date of this document. All job descriptions are subject to change without notice based on business needs.
Welsh Companies, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran