Xylem Inc. is a leading global water technology provider enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings.
Our success is grounded in a proud heritage and history of more than 100 years of water technology leadership. The company does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands, and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the world's most challenging water and wastewater problems. Let's work to make a difference. Let's Solve Water.
Specifically we are seeking a Maintenance Technician in our Foundry Production department in Slaton, TX.
* Perform installations and adjustments to all machines in accordance with manufacturers' specifications and proper foundry manufacturing requirements.
* Diagnose electronic controls and causes of mechanical problems. Repair and /or replace as necessary all control elements.
* Evaluate and diagnose mechanical / electronic problems to resolution of various mechanical / electronic/ electrical problems identified throughout the Turbine Foundry.
* Split shift, or scheduled weekends / holidays may be required in order to maximize productivity while minimizing downtime and overtime.
* Complete maintenance project management skills required. Responsible for managing assigned projects through closure and/or completion.
* Knowledge, skill sets, and ability to work with 480 volts and controls
* Performs related duties as assigned.
Xylem offers an exceptional employment package with competitive compensation and benefits designed to reward performance and enhance your life.
If you are a driven and inspired individual looking for an exciting and challenging career opportunity with a world-class business dedicated to solving water, come grow your career with Xylem.
Required Experience: ? High School Diploma/GED plus a minimum of two years college/trade school/advanced technical training and a minimum of 7 years of varied maintenance, electrical, and electronic experience.
* Ability to read and work from complicated drawings, layouts, sketches, manufacturing manuals and specifications.
* Ability to communicate on a technical level with Field Engineers and Service Technicians as required to solve troubleshooting problems.
* Strong expertise and experience knowledge of mechanics and hydraulic systems, as well as electrical and electronic circuitry.
* Completion of factory schools will be required as necessary. Minimum Education Requirements High School or Equivalent Percent of Travel Required N/A