TOGETHER WE ENTERTAIN MORE THAN 750,000 PASSENGERS A DAY WHILE IN-FLIGHT
Have you ever wondered what it takes to develop a world-class entertainment system 30,000 feet in the air? Thales InFlyt Experience products offer end-to-end solutions that support our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies in-flight entertainment and connectivity experiences to more than 60 airlines around the globe and as a trusted airline partner is committed to building its position as an industry leader. We are proud that our InFlyt Experience systems are used by over 274 million passengers a year on the more than 150,000 systems delivered. Our InFlyt Experience team continues to power the innovation, vision and brilliance needed to deliver a first-class customer experience ? so be a part of something big, join Thales.
Together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
In the U.S., we employ more than 3,000 people across more than 20 locations in 13 states. We are a leading technology provider serving five mission-critical markets: aerospace, defense, security, space and transportation. Globally, we employ more than 62,000 people in 56 countries allowing us to design and deploy equipment, systems and services to meet the demands of some of the most complex environments on the planet.
We are currently looking for a Line Maintenance Technician to join the Thales IFE team in Fort Lauderdale, FL at Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International Airport.
The Line Maintenance Technician tests, repairs, services and modifies IFE equipment in accordance with FAA regulations, company IPM (Inspection Procedures Manuals), and AMM (Customer Maintenance Manuals).
* Troubleshoots and repairs IFE equipment on-board customer aircrafts in accordance with FAA regulations, company IPM, ISO standards, and AMM's
* Modifies equipment according to service bulletin and/or manufacturer documentation
* Completes quality and production paper work, prepares estimates, and maintains maintenance documentation in accordance with current QA (Quality Assurance) requirements
* Efficiently communicates with Management, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, and Material departments in support of the repair process
* Attends on-site and or off-site company training sessions (occasional travel) when necessary and participates in OJT cross-training programs
* Performs data and administrative entries using MXI and SERVO Maintenance software platform, to maintaining repair documentation, AOC and MCC job tasks, timesheets, material requisition, and other related technical data entries
* Maintain high degree of communication and cooperation with Thales line maintenance organization, Airline Operation and Maintenance Control Centers and customers in all aspects of the position
* Actively supports company culture evolution positive behavior and demeanor
* Ability to work independently and as a team member
* Familiar with MS Excel and other database programs desired
* Strong experience and proficiency in MS Excel and other database programs desired
* Must be customer oriented
Required Skills and Experience
* Certification or technical school and two year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Requires A&P or just Airframe FAA certification, or must have an acceptable military experience for FAA to approve certification. Electronics Degree/certificate or equivalent experience in Avionics or electronics required (military or civilian) as well as knowledge on Information Technology (i.e. Ethernet networks).
* Candidate must be familiar with static sensitive devices (ESD) principles and Aircraft FOD (Foreign Object Damage).
* In addition to the Thales background investigation, the individual must also successfully pass the background check for the local airport authority and US Customs as required by the client to complete the work assigned.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Candidate must have the minimum ability to solve High School Graduate math skill level.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products will make possible the continued delivery of excellence. If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
At Thales USA, we provide careers ? not jobs.
Visit to find our full list of open positions.
Thales is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled