Responsible to repair and maintain facility and manufacturing equipment including vehicles in the most cost effective manner to minimize unplanned downtime
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
· Repairs and maintains facility and equipment to meet production schedules and minimize unplanned downtime
Machinery/Equipment: CNC, Saw Jet, Bridge Saws, Panel Saws, Wide belt sanders, Air compressor, Water system, Dust Collect, small tool repair
· Installs or arranges for installation of capital machinery in accordance with approved project scope
· Ensures that company vehicles are maintained in a cost effective manner according to manufacturer's guidelines and keeps records of vehicle maintenance (including fork lifts)
· Researches and determines best combination of cost effectiveness and service for maintenance and repair parts
· Provides training and assistance to machine operators on how to perform operator maintenance
· Develop preventative maintenance program for all equipment
1. Uses appropriate personnel protective equipment and follows established safe working practices
2. Follows safety procedures as required and communicates safety concerns and issues to management
3. Follows housekeeping guidelines regarding personal work area and equipment for which he/she is responsible
4. Treats and communicates with follow employees, customers and suppliers respectfully
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates or Bachelors degree or 5+ years manufacturing maintenance experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret manufacturing instructions and customer order sheets
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
Tower Industries is a drug free workplace, and all employees are subject to random drug testing.Company Description Tower Industries is a manufacturer and fabricator of premium solid surfacing, natural stone and quartz countertops, sinks, vanity tops, shower enclosures and conference tables.