We are seeking a Maintenance Technician whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining and repairing different areas of the property. This is achieved by performing work orders, assisting in the maintenance of interior and exterior systems and preparing apartments for occupancy according to protocols.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
* Assists in completing work orders of various types including, but not limited to: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, drywall, painting, appliances and make readies.
* Assists in the preventative maintenance and general repairs of the buildings' exterior and interior systems
* Assists in maintaining swimming pool(s) and spa(s)
* Responsible for being On-Call for emergency work orders and lock-outs
* Assists in snow/ice removal (where applicable)
* Assists in completing Monthly Facilities Plan tasks
* Assists in completing BOSS daily duties and tasks
* Assists daily in picking up trash on the grounds
* Assists other departments with moving furniture including unloading and storing supplies
* Attend all mandatory employee staff meetings and company safety meetings/webinars
* Understand and follow all safety protocols including understanding MSDS on use of chemicals
* Report any observed violations of property rules and regulations to Maintenance Supervisor/Manager and/or General Manager
* Responsible for understanding and following the ACC key policy
* The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To be successful in this position, you should have the following education/experience:
* A High School diploma or GED
* One to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* HVAC, appliance experience
* The ability to operate various types of tools and equipment safely and lift various items up to 50 lbs.