We are currently seeking a Carpenter / Apartment Maintenance to join our team! You will be responsible for completing work orders and other required tasks.
• Apply shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, or decorative paneling to ceilings or walls.
• Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, or power tools.
• Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
• Cover subfloors with building paper to keep out moisture and lay hardwood, parquet, or wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
• Erect scaffolding or ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
• Fill cracks or other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.
• Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses or buildings, using paint, hand tools, or paneling.
• Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
• Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
• Install structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools.
• Maintain records, document actions, and present written progress reports.
• Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
• Perform minor plumbing, welding, or concrete mixing work.
• Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
• Select and order lumber or other required materials.
• Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
• Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
• Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level.
• Work with or remove hazardous material.
• Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.