Facilities Maintenance Technician - Country Club Plaza
Taubman Centers, Inc.
Kansas City, MO, USA
Jun 11, 2017
It's love. Not work.
Taubman might be a real estate investment trust, but it's so much more to its talented team. It's a place where careers start, and last, for those who love retail, thrive on winning and want to push the envelope -- daily.
Our connection to our values last longer than a trip through the lobby where they are showcased. We embody them. They are our north star when things are great, when things are crazy and when we need to re-center ourselves in our work.
At TAUBMAN, we believe with every fiber of our being that the right team can achieve anything. We know we are expected to bring it ? and we do. So, whether it's an opportunity in leasing, marketing, accounting, finance or another area that brings you here, if you respond to what we're saying, we'd love to hear from you?.
Just remember at Taubman, its love, not work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Maintenance Technician at Country Club Plaza!
In this role, you will be coordinating the day-to-day activities of the facilities staff by supporting the facilities functions at Country Club Plaza. This includes responsibility for the maintenance of the shopping center's electrical, plumbing, mechanical, structural and building automation systems.
Your day to day responsibilities will include?
* Perform maintenance and repair tasks in the areas of: Electrical, mechanical, plumbing, architectural features, finishes and other components and systems.
* Perform preventative maintenance and repair for all systems and equipment. Document the work that is performed on the written CCMS work order.
* Support all programs that are initiated by other departments within the organization, (i.e., Marketing, Security, Customer Service, Leasing, Specialty Leasing, SP&D, etc.), which includes set up and breakdown for events, RMUs, etc.
* Monitor, report and maintain the inventory of parts and supplies for the maintenance and/or repair of the Center.
* Ensure OSHA compliance in all applicable areas, including PPE requirements, hot work permit, and lock out tag out procedures, and maintain all required OSHA records.
The ideal candidate will have?
* An understanding and ability to work on computer programs, such as preventive maintenance programs, building automation systems, word processing systems, etc.
* Basic working knowledge of plumbing, mechanical, fire protection systems and carpentry skills
* Basic working knowledge of electrical distribution principles and practices
* Minimum of 2 to 3 years of related facilities maintenance experience
* Technical Certification(s) is preferred
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on a frequent basis and up to 80 lbs. on an occasional basis
Our employees thrive with a rewarding work environment, competitive pay and outstanding benefits!