About Us: Founded in 1954, Newcomb and Company is a full-service mechanical contractor providing customers in the commercial, residential, and industrial sectors with innovative, energy efficient heating and air conditioning services, automation and controls, industrial piping, new-construction design and installation, and maintenance and replacement services.
Job Title: Residential Service Maintenance Technician
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
To repair residential level HVAC equipment to Newcomb and Company and equipment manufacturers standards. To perform all duties in a professional manner as a front line representative of Newcomb and Company.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Must possess a valid drivers license certificate and meet all required physical ability, efforts, and exertions to perform job duties.
* To posses or secure an EPA refrigerant certificate within company guidelines.
* Ability to work in outdoor weather and temperature extremes designated by company policy.
* Report for work each morning at the scheduled time to receive daily work assignments from residential dispatcher.
* To professionally perform all scheduled maintenance and testing to equipment covered by any maintenance contract.
* Operate various measuring and diagnostic testing equipment required to perform scheduled maintenance, and diagnostic analyzing nature of repair.
* Record and report to residential dispatcher any possible repairs or further diagnostics needed.
* To complete legibly all required check sheets, transfers, time cards, recording of parts used, and paper work necessary to complete a maintenance or repair service.
* Responsible to work in a safe manner and maintain all efforts with respect to safety and protection to self, personnel, and all customer and company property.
* To remain in contact with residential dispatcher and Residential Service Supervisor for information needs and or schedule changes.
* To maintain and use company vehicle per all company policies and standards. This includes appearance and maintenance to the inside and outside of the vehicle.
* To follow the directions of the Residential Service Supervisor.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* This listing of Primary and Secondary Duties and Responsibilities is not all-inclusive but rather an outline of job duties and responsibilities.
* To restock truck as needed to have adequate approved parts, supplies, and materials on hand.
* Participate in training classes; and to enroll in courses to upgrade technical capabilities when applicable.
* Develop good communication skills, both oral and written when applicable.
* Perform after-hour emergency service calls when applicable.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled