Job Title: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II
Nature & Scope
This position is responsible for performing maintenance service and repairs such as but not limited to plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing and should posses basic electrical knowledge as required in a production environment.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
1. Perform all duties in a safe manner to include the use of the LOCK OUT/TAG OUT procedure when required.
2. Assembles, installs, repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings, hoists, cranes, machinery and mechanical equipment and physical structures. Additionally, the incumbent performs plumbing for commercial or industrial equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment. Participates in training programs as required.
3. Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment to diagnose problem or repair machine. Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to detect malfunction and/or locate causes of trouble.
4. Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts and installs new or repaired parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
5. Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, and plumb bobs and restarts equipment to assure proper operation
6. May set up and operate drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to repair parts.
7. Maintains work order log with parts used.
8. With assistance installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
9. Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts; may fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions.
10. Maintains work order log with parts used.
11. Participate in on-call on rotation as scheduled.
12. Any other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent.
1. High School diploma or equivalent, preferably with some additional vocational/technical training.
2. All qualifications of Maintenance Tech I.
3. 3 years of experience in related field.
4. Ability to solder copper pipe, thread black, galvanized and stainless steel pipe
5. Able to repair/rewire 2 and 3 wire circuits
6. Effectively utilize a variety of hand and power tools and use metric measurements
1. Performs flat and vertical welds
2. Works with tolerances of .003
Dominant Physical Requirements and Essential Job Functions
The incumbent must have the physical agility to climb ladders, walk on catwalks and work at heights in excess of 15feet and in confined spaces such as holding tanks. The incumbent must be able to physically sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time, function in 120 degree temperature periodically and regularly lift a minimum of 70 pounds. May be required to wear face mask, helmets and heavy welding garments.Company Description Successful 53 year old manufacturer looking for strong Maintenance personnel.