WC Smith has an exciting opportunity for an entry level Assistant Community Manager to join one of its apartment buildings located in Southeast, DC. The successful candidate will maintain a high level of customer service and have excellent communication skills. This position requires significant interaction with residents and prospective tenants on a regular basis.
· Monday through Friday schedule, with weekends only needed per request.
- Collects rents, records/posts to resident accounts, and deposits cash receipts in a timely manner.
· Collaborates with corporate accounting to reconcile accounts.
· Communicates effectively with residents, resolving issues at the property to the extent possible.
· Communicates effectively with manager, employees, and vendors.
· Oversees leasing, maintenance, and housekeeping personnel to achieve corporate and community goals.
· Oversees all work performed by contractors to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of projects.
· Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to fair housing, equal employment and racial/ethnic diversity policies at all times.
· Oversees and/or prepares all lease-related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures all documents are correctly completed prior to resident move-in.
· Maintains all property files.
· Manages the process of access to units and the policies and procedures established by the Manager for the administration of a controlled unit key access system.
· Submits reports required and/or requested by company reporting schedule or company property management personnel in a timely and accurate manner.
· Performs regular property inspections to ensure that property is maintained at all times in a manner consistent with WC Smith standards.
· Associates (AA) or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
· Familiar with Section 8 housing, choice vouchers, and DC laws on collections/evictions.
· Proficiency with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel software), as well as a property management software such as, Jenark. RealPage or Yardi.
· Outstanding customer service orientation.
· Leasing and or property management experience
· Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to successfully pass a background and criminal screen and maintain a record that satisfies these requirements.
· Lease-up experience a plus.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· High degree of energy and motivation.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should apply directly via WC Smith's applicant portal - and submit electronic copies of the following:
· Cover letter
· Resume with salary requirements
Our employees enjoy a friendly work environment in the rapidly developing Capitol Riverfront area, a focus on personal and professional wellness, and opportunities for professional growth within the firm. WC Smith is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce.
About WC Smith:
WC Smith is a Washington, DC-based multidisciplinary real estate firm. The company has provided integrated real estate services to the Washington metropolitan area for over four decades. In complement to its development, construction, sales and financial divisions, the firm owns and/or manages a portfolio in excess of 10,000 units of residential real estate. With a group of subsidiary service companies under the WC Smith umbrella, the firm is able to offer exemplary service to its clients.Company Description WC Smith is a Washington, DC-based multidisciplinary real estate firm. The company has provided integrated real estate services to the Washington metropolitan area for over four decades. In complement to its development, construction, sales and financial divisions, the firm owns and / or manages a portfolio in excess of 10,000 units of residential real estate. With a group of subsidiary service companies under the WC Smith umbrella, the firm is able to offer exemplary service to its clients.