Job Summary: The Leasing Agent(s) are responsible for leasing and marketing Gwaltney Communities communities. Leasing Agent(s) should maintain a positive relationship with community residents to maintain our world-class customer service throughout a resident's stay.
Reports To: Property Manager and/or Community Manager
Essential Job Functions
• Adhere to and enforce Gwaltney Communities policies and procedures. As well as Fair Housing, local and state laws.
• Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
• Operate telephone, PC and Mac computer/keyboard, PC and Mac software and online community software.
• Must posses a positive attitude under all circumstances.
• Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends.
• Neat, clean and professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
• Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
• Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
• Successfully pass drug test. Financial
• Accept, copy, and post rental payments. Give immediately to Community/Senior Manager, or put in lock box.
• Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria.
• Immediately record all telephone, walk-in visits, email conversations on appropriate reports.
• Files guest cards and maintain according to procedures.
• Inspect model units and market ready units for any maintenance repairs. Create work orders and communicate to maintenance technician for completion.
• Show market ready and model units to interested clients applying product knowledge to clients needs by communicating the features and benefits to close the sale.
• Have clients complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
• Process and approve applications. (i.e. credit check, rental history, etc.) Update availability report, online software, and follow up with tenant regarding application status.
• Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
• Immediately follow-up on prospects that do not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to a sister community to meet prospects needs.
• Schedule and complete lease signing with client. (i.e. prepare paperwork, accept deposits and rental payments, review lease information, obtain signatures, etc.)
• Actively coordinate lease renewals each month 45 days in advance. Prepares renewal documents and distribute them accordingly. Follow up with tenants that have not responded. Accept, post, and file returned lease renewals.
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
• Prepares lease and lease renewal documents, accurately and timely enter them into online software.
• Maintain current resident files.
• Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
• Assist management team with any and all other tasks as assigned.
• Consistently implement policies of the community.
• Input data into spreadsheets for weekly reports and meetings.
• Receive all telephone calls and walk-in visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
• Quickly complete maintenance service requests and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc.. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
• Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed service requests on a weekly basis.
• Maintain open communication with maintenance team and appropriate manager.
• Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
• Assist in planning resident function. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Community Manager. Neighborhood Marketing
• Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
• Advise residents of referral incentives.
• Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
• Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.
• Update online advertising to reflect current marketing pricing as needed.
• Maintains awareness of local market trends. Contributes ideas to the property manager for marketing community and for improving resident satisfaction. Safety
• Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
• Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
Company Description Gwaltney Communities is the property management firm for GC Companies. GC Companies deals in all areas of real estate from new construction, land development, apartment homes, and buying / selling of real estate. This diversity in the industry allows for tremendous growth opportunities, but still maintaining a stable work environment.