Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career ? join the global drug development and delivery leader! You will help develop some of the nearly 200 products we launch each year or help supply some of the over 7,000 products for patients globally. Our highly skilled, dedicated global team of over 9,500 is passionate about improving the health of patients by combining their personal expertise with advanced technologies to advance science and supply innovative new products of the highest quality to patients around the world.
The Manufacturing Department is responsible for the production of inhaled products (MDI, pMDI, DPI and nasal) and other formulations compatible with the equipment available at the Catalent Morrisville site. This includes maintenance, setup, operation, changeover, and routine maintenance of automated and manual production equipment. The Manufacturing Department executes, completes, all associated master batch record documentation; creates and reviews standard operating procedures; creates manufacturing metrics documentation and assists with process development and validation studies.
This position provides technical support for the equipment and process within the commercial and clinical manufacturing operation at Catalent RTP. The individual will be required to perform general maintenance and set up of manufacturing, filling and packaging equipment typical of the pharmaceutical industry.
The role will also require the individual to support the continuous improvement of the overall operation as well as root cause analysis and problem solving to ensure efficient manufacture and packing of batches.
They may also be responsible for leading small scale process improvement projects and are responsible for taking a lead role in maintaining a safe work environment.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities
* Responsible for efficient operation, corrective and preventive maintenance of Metered-Dose Inhaler, Dry Powder Inhaler and relative support processes.
* Assist in the development and revision of standard operating procedures to provide information in order to complete tasks in a standardized and consistent manner.
* Troubleshoot and repair any potential problem, electrical or mechanical, that interferes with the efficient operation of equipment.
* Interact with vendors and suppliers as needed.
* Keep work areas clean, tidy and well-ordered in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice and health and safety requirements
* Assist and/or lead validation protocol executions
* Operate as support to Lead Manufacturing Technician when needed