The 3rd shift Preventive Maintenance Technician II is responsible for performing the scheduled maintenance routines, equipment repairs adn audits for all Sterling Lumber equipment.
* Maintain preventive maintenance system data
- data entry
- record keeping
- print work orders
- enter completed routines
* Perform equipment audits including;
- disassembly of equipment
- equipment calibration
- visual inspections
- system functional checks
- audit autonomous maintenance routines
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Good basic mechanical and electrical skill set
*Knowledge of 5S and visual factory
* Computer literacy (data entry and interface)
*Good documentation and record keeping skills
*Good analytical and problem solving ability
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Minimum of 3 years maintenance experience preferably in an automated manufacturing setting.
* Working knowledge of hydraulics, electrical and mechanical systems.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
Applicants please send a copy of your resume to
In advance of submitting your resume please review the video below to learn more about our Company.
Company Description Sterling Lumber Company is a leading manufacturer and service provider of ground protection systems to the Global Energy Infrastructure Marketplace. A Chicago based company, with a 60 acre campus including 500,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space, Sterling Lumber Company was named to Crain's Chicago Business Magazine's Fast Fifty, Chicago's fastest-growing companies in 2014 and 2015. In conjunction with our sister company, Midwest Access Solutions, our companies provide complete turnkey ground protection services. Both Sterling Lumber and Midwest Access solutions are committed to developing our employees, providing best in class customer service and being responsible stewards of the environment.