Broad Function: The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
This is a 3rd shift (nights) position with the hours of 11 PM - 7:30 AM with some ability to work periodic overtime required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
* Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
* Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
* Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
* Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
* Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
* Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
* Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
* Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
* Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
* Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Technical Capacity.
* Communication Proficiency.
* Results Driven.
Other applicable skills and abilities:
* Read and interpret equipment schematics and blueprints.
* Cut and thread pipe fittings.
* Cut and glue PVC pipe.
* Plumb fittings and pipe together.
* Sweat solder copper pipe.
* Perform new pipe installation and repair of existing pipe.
* Work with electrical up to 480 volts A/C.
* Troubleshoot electrical problems, such as in machinery and facility repair.
* Repair, rebuild, install electrical systems for machinery or facilities.
* Build and install equipment with electrical control, such as machines and motors.
* Bend conduit pipe.
* Pull wire and circuits.
* Hook up motors.
* Repair, rebuild, install, and/or troubleshoot process machinery and assemblies.
* Repair, rebuild, install, and/or troubleshoot facilities related equipment.
* Repair, renovate, and/or rebuild pumps, motors, gear systems, drive trains, controllers, etc., including full machine assemblies.
* Minor carpentry repair and refurbishment, including walls, window installations, dry wall, framing.
* Painting and touch up using roller, brush, or spray on walls, floors, and machines.
* Minor plastic fabrication and welding.
* Ability to lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work in chemical environments.
* Standing, walking, climbing, carrying, stooping, bending, crawling, reaching, pulling, lifting, etc. to perform equipment maintenance & repair throughout 8 hour shift.
* Interface with co-workers from all departments.
* Work on ladders at heights up to 25 feet.
* Work in semi-confined areas.
Ability to work in chemical environments
Limited exposure to assorted chemistries.
Work with all types of machinery and process equipment.
Hand tools, as well as small power tools are used on a regular basis.
Electronic metering equipment, such as voltmeters, amp probes, PH meters, etc.
May handle hazardous waste as outlined in departmental work instructions.
3-5 Years Relevant Experience
Experience in equipment maintenance, electrical, mechanical or plumbing installation and repair. Minimum of three years of experience as maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment, preferably a circuit board manufacturing environment. Certifications and licenses a plus.
Must be eligible to work on defense and satellite programs subject to ITAR Regulations. Therefore, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident ('Green Card').
Unicircuit is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.