Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become an Security Officer/Maintenance Technician at CLARIDGE COURT, a CCRC community located in PRAIRIE VILLAGE, KS.
In the Security Officer role the selected candidate will be responsible for maintaining the safety and security of all residents and company property. Is responsible for ensuring that all safety and security checks are completed. This position is responsible for reporting suspicious and/or unusual circumstances. The shift we are needing to cover is Friday and Saturday 11pm-7am
In the Maintenance Technician role the selected candidate will also be responsible to assist with normal upkeep and repair of all aspects of the physical plant, including residential and community apartments, health center and interior/exterior of community property. The shifts we are needing to cover is 3 flexible days per week and these will be set prior to an offer to the selected candidate.
A few other details about the role:
* Make scheduled rounds inside and outside of the building to maintain a secure environment.
* Schedule and ensure that all fire and disaster drills are conducted for each shift and accurate detailed logs are kept.
* Maintain security records, including and not limited to safety inspections, repair needs of equipment, unusual circumstances and service requests. Ensure that all safety equipment is in good working order.
* Respond to all fire alarms and emergency calls and notify appropriate team members as necessary.
* Has a good working knowledge of all Life Safety Systems
* Maintain daily guard report of shift and provide detail explanation of occurrences and ensures that information shared between shifts is accurate.
* Responsible for ensuring that all guests, team members, residents, vendors etc. enter and exit the community and building through the appropriate entrances and exits and provide appropriate identification as requested.
* Perform light maintenance as needed or requested such as changing light bulbs, unclogging toilets/drains etc.
* Install, finish, repair, paint, remove and dispose of drywall or other materials
* Assist with refurbishment projects and repairs
* Operate maintenance equipment not limited to hand or power tools, company vehicles, or snow blowers
And here's what you need to apply:
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Two to three years applicable experience.
* A state issued driver's license with a driving record clear of infractions as defined by current insurance mandates.
* Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
* Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with residents and guests.
* Basic computer skill.
* Must be able to make independent sound decisions on a timely and regular basis. Must have the ability to respond to emergencies in a direct and decisive manner.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities, Inc headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, is the nation's seventh largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $250 million and employs over 2,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents.
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
* Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, FL
* Beacon Hill - Lombard, IL
* Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, IA
* Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, PA
* Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, FL
* The Waterford - Juno Beach, FL
* Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, FL
* Claridge Court - Prairie Village, KS
* Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, MN