The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
· Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
· Work closely with equipment suppliers and service technicians for equipment repairs and service.
· Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
· Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
· Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
· Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
· Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
· Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
· Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
· Associate technical degree or trade certification
· Experience with computerized maintenance management systems
· Production or construction experience
· Good organization skills and ability to follow work instructions
· Ability to occasionally lift up to 100 Lbs.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Reliable transportation
· Must be able to work flexible hours or weekends if required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Must be able to work flexible hours or weekends if required
Stellar Materials is the manufacturer of Thermbond® Refractories. Thermbond is superior to traditional refractory materials and significantly reduces down-time. Our product chemically bonds to existing refractories, and Thermbond's surface is completely and naturally non-wetting to molten metals. Thermbond is available in over 50 different formulations for virtually every refractory application.
This job description is subject to change at any time and does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job.
Company Description Stellar Materials is the manufacturer of Thermbond Refractories. Thermbond is superior to traditional refractory materials and significantly reduces down-time. Our product chemically bonds to existing refractories, and Thermbond's surface is completely and naturally non-wetting to molten metals. Thermbond is available in over 90 different formulations.