Wingate Companies is hiring an experienced Leasing Consultant for several brand new construction apartment communities.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in assigned communities. Interact directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy. This includes generating and handling traffic, leasing apartments, qualifying prospects and renewing second generation leases. Can prepare lease documentation, and complete move-in paperwork and procedures. The Leasing Consultant also assists with the company's on-going relationship with the residents throughout their tenancy.
- Responsible for generating new leases and securing renewal leases.
- Demonstrate technical selling skills to close each sale and obtain the required deposit(s).
- Responsible for or ensure that customer applications are complete, all background checks, deposits, and lease paperwork is completed in accordance with all legal requirements and company policy.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling, email and networking.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales and follow-up activities within their assigned properties.
- Respond to internet leads and appointment requests.
- Generate traffic through company supported advertisements, internet sites, and participation in multiple listing services within budget guidelines.
- Develop and manage exceptional customer relationships throughout the lease term to ensure the maximum number of lease renewals.
- Preview properties? tour paths, models and ready units prior to appointment.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Assist in gathering and compiling current market and economic information and prepare competitive market analyses and trends as necessary.
- Answer prospect, resident, and customer inquiries which may include questions about the community, the company, lease details, and amenities and takes prompt action to solve/address issues and/or enter resident service requests into the system if needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Knowledge of organizational and community policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues. Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures.
- Proven exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Polished interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers, prospective residents, and associates.
- Ability to compose, and edit written materials.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, and promoting property. Must know and follow the Fair Housing laws.
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with community and rental property operations.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to complete and apply all of the provided sales training.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the internet and internet searches.
- Attention to details, and basic experience with MS Office software applications required (e.g., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel).
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office environment. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities. Periodic exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous. Flexible schedules with occasional evening and regular weekend work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of two years' experience in a sales environment.
- Customer relationship development experience is a plus.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license unless otherwise noted.
Company Description About Us