The Service Technician reports to the Property Manager under the supervision of the Service Manager and performs general maintenance and repair to ensure apartment units and other property facilities are in good working order. Responsibilities include diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units; electrical appliances, outlets, and light fixtures; plumbing, carpentry, and locks. The Service Technician follows a planned preventative maintenance schedule and follows up with residents after repairs are complete. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with preparing vacant apartment units for rental and also landscape and renovation projects.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA's Core Values. Those values include:
Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
Communicating openly and with integrity
Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
All MAA associates must successfully clear a background investigation to include, but may not be limited to: criminal background check, pre-employment drug screening and an employment verification process. Must be flexible and able to work a varied schedule, including weekends and some holidays as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receives requests for service maintenance, prioritizes work orders and handles each in the most efficient manner.
2. Examines and diagnoses problems with heating, ventilation and air conditioning units for property facilities. Determines the best method to repair or replace all or part of the unit. Makes repairs and/or replacements according to standard. Performs preventative maintenance on HVAC units by replacing filters, cleaning coils, etc.
3. Repairs and replaces furnished kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, washers and dryers. May contact an outside vendor to make more advanced or severe repairs or replacements.
4. Performs minor to moderate-level plumbing repairs, replacements, and/or installations including repairing leaks and removing clogs in sinks and toilets.
5. Performs minor electrical repairs and replacement of light fixtures and related items.
6. Repairs locks and other miscellaneous items.
7. May perform painting projects ranging from full interior painting of property units to minor touch up and repair of walls and woodwork.
8. May perform "make ready" projects for the preparation of vacant units available for prospective tenants.
9. Cleans carpets as assigned.
10. May perform swimming pool maintenance or other facility and/or landscape projects to ensure property aesthetics meet or exceed standards.
11. Adheres to MAA safety and hazard communications programs, policies and procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
12. Works irregular hours (evenings, weekends), including on-call and overtime hours, as required by the MAA 24-hour routine maintenance guarantee.
13. Operates a motor vehicle to transport tools and materials between work sites.
14. Attends and participates in technical training programs to maintain and enhance knowledge and skills.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
High school diploma/GED and one to three years of experience in facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair required
HVAC experience required
EPA Type II or Universal and/or Pool Certification required at hire or within 90 days of assuming the position. CAMT is required in Florida only. Valid driver's license from the state of residence required
Associate's degree in a related technical or mechanical field preferred
Commercial maintenance experience with plumbing, electrical, and janitorial strongly preferred
Required to live within 30 miles of the property.
Required to furnish basic work tools.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk use hands and fingers to
control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and
hear. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds individually and up to 100 pounds with assistance devices
(dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
Must be able to see and read to complete forms, read reports, and visually determine the correct working order of
physical aspect of units and other property facilities. Frequently needs to see small details.
While performing the duties of this job the associate primarily works in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse
weather conditions as well as dirt and/or dust.
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
Colonial Village at Hampton Glen
To Apply To This Posting, Please Apply Here:
https://midamericaapartment - openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo &jobid=5551&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992686&company_id=16471&version=1& byBusinessUnit=NULL &bycountry=0&bystate=1&byRegion=US_NC&bylocation=& keywords=Maintenance%20Tech &byCat=&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=yes&city=
Company Description With over 25 years in the real estate industry, we manage multifamily homes throughout the Sunbelt region of the United States. Due to our continued growth, we are seeking motivated people to join our family! MAA offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to contribute greatly to your annual compensation and to your personal well-being. It begins with our culture. The cornerstone of MAA is the belief that our greatest asset are our Associates.