Trains to maintain and repair all equipment and functions in and around the Casino property excluding gaming equipment. Respond to calls for assistance and minor repairs. Individual will assist in the performance of regular preventive maintenance procedures of plant and kitchen equipment, interior and exterior cosmetic maintenance and fixture/furniture repairs. Individual may at times be required to assist in the landscaping maintenance.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
* Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
* Ability to operate grounds keeping equipment.
* Use cleaning equipment such as pressure washer, carpet cleaners, floor cleaners and associated chemicals.
* Cleaning tile floors, all walls, ceiling tiles, carpet, HVAC grills etc.
* Assists with other maintenance personnel with assigned duties as necessary.
* Assists with special events as needed.
* Understand and comply with department standards of operation.
* Shampooing, sweeping, mopping, and power scrubbing.
* Assists with operating company vehicle for the purpose of snow removal.
* Assists with special projects.
* Will thoroughly understand the function of all life safety systems.
* Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
* Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
* Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
* Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
* Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
* Regular attendance and arriving on-time to all scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job.
* Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
* Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
* Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
* Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
* Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
* Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
* Be proactive and positive.
* If I don't know, I'll find out and if we don't have it, I'll try to get it.
* Manage staff effectively with timely reviews and address performance issues.
* Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
* Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
* SERVICE EXCELLENCE
* Anticipate our guests' needs before they ask.
* Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
* Escort our guests rather than point.
* Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
* Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
* TEAM WORK
* Share and explain information.
* Involve managers and employees in business development decisions and cost savings initiatives.
* Great teams consist of great performers.
* Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.