This position will require a self directed, team oriented individual who takes pride and ownership in their work, and is willing to accept total responsibility for plant equipment troubleshooting, repair and preventive maintenance programs. The Maintenance Mechanic, Mill will be responsible for a broad variety of milling equipment and system types, and must possess solid mechanical, electrical and maintenance welding skills, along with above average troubleshooting abilities. Due to the high levels of efficiency and productivity expected from this plant, the person in this position must be innovative and demonstrate a "Can Do" attitude and be willing to perform whatever tasks are necessary for the plant to meet its objectives.
Stock and locate spare parts. Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical equipment. Perform equipment modifications and rebuilds. Perform routine maintenance welding and minor fabrication. Perform general building maintenance. Responsible for ensuring equipment is properly maintained in order to manufacture safe, legal and quality product. Ensure that work areas are clean that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) are full complied with. Ensure compliance with all safety programs and maintain hazard free work areas. Schedule and perform the following regular preventive maintenance:
* Flour system blowers, airlocks, diverter valves and sifters
* Change dust collector filter bags
* Presses, dryers, accumulators and strippers
* Die washer
* Short cut storage and distribution system
* Packaging machines, scales, code daters, printers, casepackers and tapers
* Alvey case lifts, conveyors, accumulators and palletizer
* Air compressors and dryers
* Boiler, circulating pumps and control valves
* Chillers and air handlers and intake filters (general HVAC)
* Water treatment system
* Plant hot water system and general plumbing
Must be able to adjust their work schedule in order to maintain a 2-shift operation (may require overtime as operation requires).
Be able to effectively communicate with team members to support a self-directed work environment. Use sound judgment in exercising caution to insure personal safety and the safety of others. Communicate effectively across all functions to insure efficient production levels.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Must demonstrate good communication skills and be able to understand and interpret equipment training manuals and drawings.
* Must demonstrate good math skills.
* Must demonstrate a sense of urgency.
* Must possess a solid mechanical aptitude combined with technical training and/or the equivalent in manufacturing experience (preferably in food manufacturing).
* Demonstrate creative troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrate an advanced understanding of electrical distribution and control circuits.
* Demonstrate an advanced understanding of PLC theory and programming.
* Advanced working knowledge of the following support equipment:
* Boilers, pumps and circulating systems
* Air compressors and pneumatic systems
* Pneumatic conveying theory and related systems
* Pasta drying instrumentation
* Understand be proficient in the operation of the following shop equipment:
* Drill press
* Hydraulic press
* Milling machine
* Grinders, band saws and other related hand tools.
* Advanced maintenance welding including:
* AC/DC stick, Tig, Mig, Gas Acetylene
* Physical Requirements:
* Ability to lift at least 50 pounds unassisted; periodically lift up to 100 lbs.
Must be able to climb, kneel, crawl and work at elevation. Vocal communication required to communicate with all plant personnel. Distance and color vision acuity is required.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.