The Area Leasing Consultant works under the supervision of the Regional Vice President and the guidance of various Property Managers. The primary duty of the Area Leasing Consultant is to rent apartment units to prospective residents. The Area Leasing Consultant may also fill other roles as a result of experience in leasing and/or in the multi housing industry. Associates in this position will perform all normal leasing activities but will work at different properties as assigned, usually within the home area. The Area Leasing Consultant must be willing to work weekends and rotate between multiple properties for varying lengths of time.
Duties and Responsibilities*:
* Rents apartment units at the assigned property to prospective residents.
* Shows apartments and the overall community to prospective residents; explains other amenities of living at the community; uses standard sales closing methods to sell the prospective resident on MAA.
* Answers phone and email inquiries from prospective residents; explains other amenities of living at the community; uses standard sales techniques to encourage a visit to the community.
* Takes all needed information from prospective residents after they have indicated a desire to move to the property; completes all paperwork and data entry associated with leasing activities.
* Takes resident calls for service or other needs and forwards to the appropriate staff member; writes work orders for service; promotes good resident relations through courteous and timely response to resident needs and concerns.
* Contacts residents with expiring leases to discuss renewals and encourages the renewal of the lease.
* Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
* Above average ability to communicate with clients and with co-workers both verbally and in writing
* Basic personal computer skills and ability to learn specialized software
* Skill to convince prospective residents of the advantages of living at a community by sales closing methods
* Ability to organize work
* Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends and some holidays as required and at different locations
* Ability to learn and comply with industry legal requirements, especially related to federal and local Fair Housing Laws
* Ability to travel off-site for training courses and outside marketing
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
* Primarily office work
* Regular need to walk or operate golf cart to take prospects to units
* Ability to walk up flights of stairs to access units
* May stoop bend, and crouch in the process of pointing out unit details to prospects
* Primarily office environment with occasional work in an outdoor environment
* Exposure to all types of weather conditions
Like full-time Leasing Consultants, Area Leasing Consultants will be required to attend classroom training in the nearest city available at the first opportunity to schedule after employment. If out-of-town travel is required, MAA will provide transportation in the most cost and time efficient way. This may require air travel.
* High School diploma or equivalent and one year of full-time, successful apartment leasing or sales experience. Basic personal computer skills.
* Valid driver's license from the state of residence required
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. College coursework completed in the pursuit of a degree is also preferred. CAM or NALP certification.
* Yardi knowledge and experience.
Job LocationBirmingham, Alabama, United StatesCompany LocationMAA North Region Position TypeFull-Time/Regular