We are Kerry. The Taste & Nutrition Company. We make products people enjoy and feel better about. And, we are growing. We need talented, passionate people who want to help us make the business better. People who expect better from themselves. People who care about delivering better for customers, their colleagues, the company and their own career. People who take pride in paving new paths to lead the business forward. We need great people who want to do great things. People like you, perhaps.
If you are high energy, self-motivated, creative, collaborative, and enjoy executing against the demands of a fast-paced high growth organization, then consider joining our team to help drive your career and Kerry forward. Learn more and/or apply at
Kerry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics.
Description and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Maintenance Technician is to maintain production, quality, safety, operation and functionality of the manufacturing process equipment. The maintenance technician will maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs on a daily basis. They will maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations of sanitary maintenance. THE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN WILL BE EXPECTED TO FOLLOW LOCK OUT TAG OUT AND ARC FLASH PROCEDURES AT ALL TIMES.
* Ensures the safe and functional operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
* Control downtime by performing preventive maintenance tasks on all equipment and some electrical components, informing line lead as well the production supervisor of any line adjustments, repairs and operational parameter changes.
* Monitor line adjustments, repairs and operational parameter changes to ensure correct functionality.
* Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using common tools, precision tools, testing equipment and human senses.
* Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting the form and texture of parts for defect, using rules, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments.
* Remove defective parts by dismantling devices or machines, using hoists, forklift, hand and power tools.
* Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, power tools and electrical meters.
* Repair malfunctioning equipment.
* Fabricate repair parts or new accessories for machines by using machine shop tools and welding equipment.
* Install new equipment.
* Provide maintenance and machine operation information and or assistance to machine operators as needed.
* Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electrical systems both low and high voltage AC/DC up to 480V.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Responsible for maintaining work area(s) in a safe, neat and orderly condition.
* Continued training and skill development is strongly encouraged.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
* Must pass a timed basic math skills test without the aid of a calculator.
* Must be able to tolerate the above-listed physical and environmental demands of this position with or without accommodations.
* Must pass pre-work physical.
* Ability to communicate verbally and in written form at a high level.
* Mechanical ability.
* Work experience in some of the following areas: pneumatics, metal fabrication, welding, boiler operation, building maintenance, electronics, and electrical.
* Related work experience: 1-5 years of similar work as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in food manufacturing
* 2-year technical degree in related field. Other related certifications.
* Strongly prefer a stable employment history with at least 2 years of continuous employment at one employer within the last 5 years.
* Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
* Food industry experience.
* Experience working on some of the following industrial equipment: extruders, vertical form fill & seal machines, drying ovens, air compressors, cartoners, case packers, and boilers.