A National Property Management company is seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician for a large apartment community in Cincinnati. The qualified candidate will be experienced in all aspects of apartment/property maintenance and upkeep and completing work orders. Any HVAC, as well as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc is a plus!
Full time, competitive salary and benefits package. Please respond with salary requirements. Immediate opening!
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: ( may include, but are not limited to)
1) Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance / repair in a timely and professional manner. Assure all service requests are completed on a daily basis. Accurately document work performed on service request, including parts and return to supervisor by end of day. Follow-up on incomplete service requests.
2) Inspect vacated apartments and complete make-ready checklist. Inform manager of needed services and repairs. Routinely perform duties to restore apartments to "make ready" status. Re-inspect vacant apartments after make-ready has been completed to determine quality of work performed. Ensure adequate number of make ready units are available and that the products are up to company standards. Coordinate status of make readies with manager.
3) Inspect exterior of the property. Perform building and common area upkeep on a daily basis in accordance with company standards. Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. During the winter months, responsible for snow removal from all walkways and corridors including salting to ensure resident safety.
4) Perform routine preventive maintenance and complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion. Including HVAC trouble calls, repairs and replacements, as may be needed.
5) Complete or oversee the completion of preventative maintenance. Maintain accurate records and provide resident training as required.
6) Special projects as assigned and prioritized by manager. Perform, and report on, all work according to the safety standards of the company, OSHA and health codes.
7) Coordinate effectively with manager to order parts and supplies, maintain appropriate level of inventory. Maintain shop appearance to standards to facilitate quick assessment of supply inventory. Maintain proper equipment, and equipment inventory to ensure warranty compliance.
8) Ensure vacant units are "trashed-out" within 24 hours of move-out, and turned in a timely manner per the instructions of the manager.
9) Obtain bids and negotiate prices, as requested by supervisor, with vendors and contractors. Coordinate delivery and work schedules with vendors, contractors and manager.
10) Perform effective after-hour emergency maintenance as required.