Principal Function: The HVAC-Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine HVAC, refrigeration and general maintenance in and around the Museum Center, historic areas and other out buildings, as well assistance with securing buildings, facilities, and grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Performs general maintenance and repairs of the HVAC and refrigeration systems, cooling and water treatment program, indoor air quality, electrical and control systems, plumbing and other related systems.
2. Performs all necessary preventative maintenance.
3. Works and collaborates with outside contractors and vendors for major repairs.
4. Completes work orders as assigned by the Facilities Manager to include: minor plumbing; electrical; and structural repairs.
5. Performs set-up, teardown, clean-up, and traffic control for special events.
6. May be trained to operate balloon on an as needed basis.
7. Maintains the water park.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to the requirements of the organization. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform this job successfully, all employees at Conner Prairie should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Customer Service Responds to requests for service and assistance; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations focusing on listening without interrupting and keeping ones emotions under control; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Maintains confidentiality and meets commitments; Remains open to others ideas and tries new things.
* Teamwork Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyones efforts to succeed.
* Diversity Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
* Ethics Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
* Organizational Support Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organizations goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
* Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
* Quality/Quantity Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to promote and improve quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity and works quickly.
* Attendance/Punctuality/Dependability Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and events on time; Follows instructions; Responds to managements direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Job-related Competencies To perform this job successfully, employees in this job should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
* Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
* Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; HVAC certification desired with minimum of five (5) years HVAC-related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience working in the museum and/or entertainment park industry is desired.
Other Skills and Abilities: The following skills and abilities are either required or desired.
* Computer software skills desired include: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* The ability to attend training and pass the balloon pilots test is required.
* The ability to operate equipment and machinery for grounds maintenance is required.
* The ability to operate a computer, printer, copy machine, scanner, fax machine, and other office equipment is desired.
* The ability to speak, read and write in English is required. Spanish is desired.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee frequently will climb or balance. The employee occasionally will sit; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is exposed to working in outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), working near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold (non-weather), extreme heat (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
While the offices of Conner Prairie are open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, this position may require work beyond these hours and on the weekends and holidays. This job may require the ability to operate a Conner Prairie vehicle. Thus, a valid drivers license is required.