Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,500 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world. To learn more about Atria, or to find an Atria community near you, please visit .
* Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, major appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, painting/wallpaper, water features (pools, spas, etc.) and waste management systems.
* Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a safe and timely manner.
* Perform turn-key work as required to ensure vacant apartment homes are rent-ready in a timely manner.
* Maintain customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow-through to ensure issue is resolved.
* Apply all applicable Atria Policies and Procedures such as, but not limited to, company operating and safety standards. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
* Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations, building codes and environmental laws and regulations.
* Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks.
* May drive company vehicle from community to social and other various destinations (only if required by community).
* May supervise the work of other associates and outside contractors.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
* 1 year experience in property management maintenance performing the duties associated with a Maintenance Technician.
* Able to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
* Able to occasionally operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine.
* Able to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, pool chemicals, ice removal equipment, ladders, landscaping equipment, sanders and safety equipment.
* Able to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies.
* Must possess basic hand tools necessary for performing maintenance related duties
* Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
* Must possess valid driver's license.
* Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria motor vehicle policy standards.