* Performs mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
* Repairs and maintains facility systems (HVAC, plumbing, compressed air, and humidification).
* Paints and performs minor repairs of building interior and exterior including masonry, wallboard, ceiling tiles, woodwork, etc.
* Uses rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments accurately.
* Performs basic handiwork such as replacing light bulbs, ballasts, water and air filters, and plumbing fixtures, cleaning drains, hanging pictures and bulletin boards, and maintaining proper forklift batteries.
* Prepares and operates machine tools such as grinders, and drill presses to repair or fabricate machine parts and/or fixtures.
* Troubleshoots electric and electronic problems.
* Performs inspections of and tests fire alarms and pumps.
* Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical components.
* Troubleshoots motors, pumps, compressors and any other systems in the plant.
* Performs preventative maintenance.
* Works on call as required.
* Builds custom parts on demand.
* Maintains accurate maintenance records.
* Operates scissors and forklifts.
* Performs other job duties as assigned.
* Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
* Must have training/certification in machine-specific and electronics fields.
* Minimum 2 years' experience in machining.
* Minimum 3 years' experience in electrical component repair.
* Must be able to properly use rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
* Must have a working knowledge of AC/DC motors.
* Must be trained in basic electric and mechanical safety.
* Must have some basic computer experience.
* Must be knowledgeable in the safe use of hand and small power tools.
* Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
* Must be able to work on-call as needed.
* Must have acute troubleshooting skills.
* Must be able to maintain good attendance.
* Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
* Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.