The Mechanical Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing maintenance functions on all equipment and facilities in the plant. Maintenance functions include repair, welding, preventative maintenance inspection, and installation of equipment. Good mechanical aptitude is required for the position.
* Strong welding and cutting skills with ability to work from blueprints, sketches, or detailed instructions.
* Operate forklift, manlift, light crane, drill press, cut-off saw, pipe threader, hydraulic press, iron worker, and various hand tools.
* General rigging knowledge.
* Repair equipment such as fans, screw conveyors, belt conveyors, reducers, bucket elevators, dust collectors, rotary feeders, vertical roller mills, ball mills, and other material handling equipment.
* Have a basic understanding of hydraulics and be able to read schematics.
* Operate independent of Supervisors.
* Respond to call-outs during non-work hours as needed. Stay over if needed.
* General knowledge of installation and care of bearings (roller, ball, and sleeve oil).
* Coupling alignment knowledge.
* Make preventative maintenance inspections and complete necessary forms and reports.
* Make estimates of material requirements and prepare requisitions and reports.
* Create and update work orders in the SAP system.
* Perform all job assignments using prescribed safety equipment and procedures.
* Maintain work area in clean and orderly condition.
* Perform such other assignments as directed.
* Must be able to work rotating shifts.
* High School diploma or equivalent; completion of trade school or training program preferred.
* Experience in industrial maintenance.
* Knowledge of the cement manufacturing process and equipment a plus.
* Read, write and speak English.
* Basic computer skills.
* Strong work standards and attendance record.
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc., and their affiliates, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.