Perform required equipment lubrication and maintenance operations at customer job sites. Inspect equipment in a professional manner. Sell lubrication services when called upon to do so.
* Performs field lubrication and inspection duties as required with primary focus of all work performed on safety, accuracy and economy.
* Helps to plan and control lube and preventative maintenance jobs.
* Assists lead to analyze customer requirements and determine the scope of the job.
* Alerts other parties within Empire about potential parts, service or sales opportunities.
* Ensures trucks are topped with oil and emptied of waste oil at the end of each shift.
* Maintains good customer relations and support for corporate marketing objectives.
* Writes accurate and concise equipment condition reports.
* Prepares service reports and processes oil cards with proper quantities and types of oil used.
* Performs lube services strictly by the CAT Lube and Maintenance Guides covering each machine.
* Follows proper warm up and sample drop procedures.
* Maintains company equipment - keeps in good clean orderly condition. Reports repair or replacements needs to supervisor.
* Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
* Keeps pertinent in-house personnel informed about date of service, discrepancies found, general machine condition and suggested action required.
* Gathers information from a walk around inspection and reports to customer/management.
* Communicates orally and in writing information regarding equipment condition, problems and recommendations.
* Maintains current MSHA card if work area requires.
* Provides on-the-job training as assigned.
* Works overtime as needed.
* Travels to remote locations as needed.
* Communicates with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
* Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of EMPIRE's Six Sigma program.
* Works within and promote corporate values.
Skills & Abilities
Able to comply with DOT CDL requirements.
Able to obtain Hazardous Material Endorsement which requires fingerprint background check from State.
Acceptable attendance to meet all company standards and requirements.
Appropriate manner, conduct and grooming to adhere to company policy.
Demonstrated technical skill competence.
Interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate verbally and in writing with others in an objective and cooperative manner.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Required to sit occasionally
Required to use hands occasionally
Required to talk or hear occasionally
Required to stand frequently
Required to walk frequently
Required to reach outward frequently
Required to climb frequently
Required to squat or kneel frequently
Required to lift or carry 21-50 lbs
Specific vision abilities include distance vision
Specific vision abilities include depth perception
Specific vision abilities include ability to adjust focus
This position is designated as a Safety-Sensitive Position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Exposure to moving mechanical parts
Exposure high precarious places
Exposure to outdoor weather
Exposure to wet humid conditions
Exposure to extreme heat or cold
The noise level is loud.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company.
Empire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Empire Southwest is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer