Position: Maintenance Technician
Location: Troy, MI
Under limited guidance and supervision, performs a variety of construction, maintenance and repair work on buildings, equipment, and machinery in accordance with applicable state and local to provide a working, economical and functional environment necessary for both personnel and equipment to produce the products and services of Oerlikon Metco (US) Inc. May give work direction to other Maintenance Technicians.
Performs basic maintenance of the electrical operating systems of the physical plant. Electrical systems include the maintenance, repair and installation of power panels, wiring, circuit breakers, lighting, contractors and other electrical devices. Responsible for trouble shooting equipment. Orders and maintains inventory of frequently required replacement parts.
Performs basic maintenance of the mechanical operating systems of the physical plant. Mechanical systems include HVAC systems, compressors, boilers, dust collectors, pipes, valves, faucets, toilets, hydraulics, and other mechanical devices. Performs basic repair and scheduled maintenance of equipment. Scheduled maintenance includes filter and belt replacement, fluid checks and replacement. Basic repair includes pipe leaks, faucet and valve leaks, rebuild of flush meters and steam traps. Operate cranes, scissor lifts & fork trucks.
Essential Job Functions: (Duties & Responsibilities): The primary duties consist of, but are not limited to the following:
· Maintains the grounds under direction of supervisor.
· Responds to facilities work requests from customers requiring facility support with general maintenance and plant safety issues. Resolves basic issues involving hot and cold complaints, moving requests and other minor maintenance problems.
· Performs basic carpentry work and assembly or disassembly of office panel systems.
· Performs housekeeping duties as required.
· Open and close the plant on daily basis. Must turn on or shut off lighting and HVAC systems.
· Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
· 3- 5 years maintenance experience. Must be familiar with the general maintenance and repair of building equipment including; HVAC systems, lighting, electrical power and distribution systems.
· Must be familiar with NEC code and aware of procedures pertaining to hazardous materials.
· Must have general knowledge and skills to perform basic carpentry, plumbing, and electrical wiring. Must have mechanical ability to assemble and disassemble furniture systems.
· Must be able to read drawings and transform drawing information from drawing to finished product.