This position is responsible for providing the overall maintenance and repair of a residential property including interior and exterior grounds and equipment. Follow CSM high standards of quality to ensure resident satisfaction.
CSM's CORE VALUES
* Continuous Improvement
* Customer Focus
* Priority Setting
* Attention to detail
* Self workload management
* Problem Solving
* Business Acumen/Tech
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Property Maintenance: Responsible for maintaining the overall condition and cleanliness of the maintenance shop and residential property. Executes and documents the preventive maintenance program for resident units, common areas, hallways, garages, grounds, pool, clubhouse, and equipment. Maintain property appearance, snow removal (including shoveling, salting, sanding, and ice removal), upkeep/curb appeal to ensure competitiviness within the industry, attract future residents and provide a welcoming enviroment to current residents. Complete work orders and turnover maintenance needs on a timely basis. Provide quick response to emergency after-hour calls as necessary.
2. Cost Control: Responsible for proper use and safeguarding of all maintenance equipment and supplies, and adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste. Follow CSM procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment when purchasing supplies. Responsible for maintaining maintenance budget and adhere to purchase card guidelines. Maintain accountability for all necessary inventory, supplies, tools and equipment.
3. Customer Service: Ensure resident satisfaction by adhering to maintenance service and loss-prevention standards including preventative maintenance. Ensure that residents' needs are responded to in a courteous, friendly and timely manner. Work as a team player in meeting resident needs, and actively contribute to the efforts of other areas when necessary. May be required to attend residential community activities after normal business hours as requested by the Community Manager.
4. Safety/Risk Management: Mitigate risk by conducting routine inspections of community property and grounds, to maintain standards per CSM, local, state and federal regulations including AWAIR program. Operate all equipment following safe and proper procedures. Follow all CSM procedures for resident/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of property emergency procedures. Need to be available to assist as needed in any natural/catastrophic disaster. Ensure a clean and safe work environment, and follow all CSM procedures for resident/employee incidents.
5. Self Management: Produce required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adhere to CSM attendance policy, grooming/appearance/dress code standards, and general work rules and department procedures. Attend all required meetings. Adhere to all CSM Standard Operating Procedures and Fair Housing laws.
RequirementsREQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High School diploma or GED required. CPO, HVAC, EPA certification is desired, or the ability to obtain certification based on property requirements. Must have a current and valid drivers' license with safe driving record.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 2+ years of maintenance experience is preferred. Attention to detail, customer focused and the ability to perform job duties in a fast paced environment. General computer experience preferred. Current and valid driver's license with safe driving record required.
Apply OnlineSend This Job to a Friend
CSM CORPORATION • 500 Washington Avenue South Suite 3000 • Minneapolis • Minnesota • 55415