The Management Group, Inc. (TMG) was founded in 1985 by President, Carmen Villarma, as a single family property management company. Today, TMG has expanded into a conglomeration of five companies that encompass all aspects of property management: Single Family, Homeowner Associations, Multifamily, Commercial, Sales, and Maintenance Services. In total, as the largest property management company in Southwest Washington, TMG's portfolio is comprised of over 14,000 residential units throughout Washington and Oregon. We are proudly woman-owned and operated and are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
From our humble beginnings with just two staff members, through tremendous dedication and entrepreneurial spirit, we are now a family of over 120 employees that are consistently striving to reach new heights, outperform our competitors, and achieve even greater success. At TMG, we expect a lot from our employees. In return, we promise to invest in you: we nurture and encourage career development, and promote from within. We are looking for those that exemplify and demonstrate our core values of Integrity and Respect, Teamwork, Passion for Results, Innovation, and Customer Service.
As the Multifamily/Commercial Maintenance Technician, you will have the unique opportunity to support two different apartment complexes one in Battle Ground and the other in Vancouver in addition to servicing various commercial properties owned by TMG. At the two communities, you will perform routine and preventative maintenance repairs, conduct apartment turnovers, respond promptly to work orders, and respond to emergency calls. At our commercial properties, you will be responsible for the upkeep of numerous occupied and unoccupied units. The schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday, with 20 hours spent at each community and 20 spent at the commercial properties.
* Self-Directed: You always take initiative, and work extremely well independently. You can always be counted on to complete tasks to the best of your ability. You reach out for help when needed, but possess good judgement and know what is needed to accomplish your duties. While you are social and friendly, you're happy with a solitary environment and independent work.
* Detailed: You are meticulous in everything you do, and always notice the little things. You prefer to work as quickly and accurately as possible, while never sacrificing quality. You're easily able to identify problems, and take the time to correct them quickly and decisively. You can always be depended upon to get the job done in the most efficient way possible, are meticulously detail-oriented, and have top-notch multitasking and time-management abilities.
* Energetic: You thrive in fast-paced environments, and find that hard timelines often push you to do your best work. You handle pressure with ease and professionalism, and recover quickly from stressful situations.
* Considerate: You take the utmost care when dealing with residents and tenants, and providing exceptional customer service is always at the forefront of your mind.
* Educated and Experienced: You have a high school diploma or GED, and previous general maintenance/property management maintenance. You possess solid handyman skills, and can fix just about anything. If you have prior construction or remodeling experience, that's even better!
* Respond to work orders at each apartment complex and complete them in a timely manner, including: check and repair plumbing and appliance connections; repair or replace toilets, tubs, sinks, faucets, hose bibs, doors, jambs, molding and trim.
* Clean and prepare apartment and commercial unit turnovers in a specified time.
* Perform preventative maintenance at each apartment complex such as gutter repair or replacement, siding replacement, paint touch-up, pavement patching, and applying spray materials or sealant.
* Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, conference rooms, kitchens, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other work orders at each commercial property.
* Continuously perform interior and exterior inspections of the commercial properties and notify management in the event of any needed major repairs.
* Respond to any after-hours emergencies according to the on-call policy.
* Replace light bulbs, sweep sidewalks, shovel snow, move or transport materials or supplies, transport small equipment between departments or storage facilities, set up tables and chairs, and any other duties as assigned at the commercial properties.
What We Offer You:
* Use of a company vehicle or mileage reimbursement.
* Use of a company credit card.
* A monthly cell phone reimbursement.
* A generous benefits package with three different medical plan options, as well as vision and dental group plans.
* $10,000 company-paid term life insurance policy.
* Additional voluntary benefits, including insurance through AFLAC, cafeteria plan and flexible spending, short-term disability, term life, and AD&D insurance.
* Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
* 401(k) and educational assistance.
* A catered lunch provided by the company once per month.
* Exceptional training and career development, ensuring you have the necessary skills to take you exactly where you want to go.