* NEED TO BE ASE Master Certified, hold or be able to obtain CDL
Vehicle Maintenance Technician
Performs maintenance and repair of internal combustion engines, transmissions, brake systems, electrical systems, ignition and fuel systems, hydraulic systems, and steering and running gears; overhauls starters, generators, alternators, and carburetors; performs preventative maintenance inspection; tests, analyzes, make adjustments, and repairs to company motor vehicles; makes use of standard automotive tools, and test equipment plus written material; maintains automotive equipment service records; welds with both gas and electric including vertical welding; provides hands-on training of other garage employees; and performs other related duties.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Maintains company fleet and mobile tools as per job overview.
* Interdepartmental - Moderate
* Intradepartmental - Moderate
* Customer - Seldom
* Vendor ? Moderate
TRAVEL RELATED: Frequent - Normally within headquarters
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
* Hand Tools
* Air Tools
* Gas Welding & Cutting Equipment
* AC and DC Welders
* Test Equipment
May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
* Tests ? Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
* PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Job requires lifting up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 125 pounds infrequently; climbing ladder up to 15 feet; some pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, and stooping; prolonged standing; and manual dexterity.
* Must hold and maintain ASE Master Automobile or Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician Certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence.
* Must have ability to work independently.
* Good driving skills, and ability to work with hand tools and automotive test equipment.
* After April 1, 1992, employee in this classification will be required to have a Commercial Driver's License prior to obtaining this position or obtain it within 60 days after hiring.
Frontier Communications is an equal opportunity employer