At LMC, it's all about the team. We believe in finding great people, with great passion, and setting them up to shape the culture and management of our communities. Staying nimble, while hiring experts, keeps us true to our values of quality, communication, and integrity. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, and vitality. Our open channels of communication unite our associates and foster inspiration, collaboration, and high-fives. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers and the 2017 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
Initiates maintenance of the community, including overall inspections, repairs, and general maintenance of market-ready community and other interior/exterior areas. May work as the team lead, along with the other maintenance team members, to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by LMC Living. Assists the Service Supervisor with various projects and may be required to stand in for Service Supervisor as requested.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as routine upkeep of the community by diagnosing the source or cause of a defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
* Completes the make-ready process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a "punch' list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, and obtaining supplies and materials.
* Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the community's maintenance shop by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to the established location, and notifying the Service Supervisor about re-ordering needs.
* Completes paperwork timely and accurately so that service requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
* Maintains the grounds, common areas, and amenities. Some examples include picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage.
* Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
* Routinely conducts property inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns and oversees work performed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications.
* Complies with the Company's safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the Company's routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
* Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
* Participate in on-going training by Service Supervisor and other resources as needed and/or required.
* Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate methods to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to areas of responsibility.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Minimum of four to six years of experience in property management maintenance or equivalent experience
* Must have EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for refrigerant recycling. (Applies to Certified Service Technicians.)
* Associates must have all certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions. (Applies to both Certified and Non-Certified Service Technicians.)
* Must provide own hand tools unless prohibited by State law and must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment and measuring devices.
* Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, associates, and other business contacts, respond courteously to questions and requests, and stay calm when addressing and resolving guest problems.
* Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively, act as first point of contact for internal team members and external visitors to the Company
* Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define and correct problems.
* Literate with computer programs and word processing software.
This is a position which requires the Senior Service Technician to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models and apartment communities. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. independently and 50 lbs. with assistance. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare or regular travel may be required to assist other apartment communities as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet).
* Arrive to work on time.
* Follow directions from a supervisor.
* Interact well with co-workers, residents, and vendors.
* Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
* Accept constructive criticism.
* Office and personal facilities are provided that are usual and customary for the industry.
* Associates must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which includes "on-call' work shifts during evenings, weekends and holidays.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.