Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Calhoun location in Tennessee, United States is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Mechanical Maintenance Technician. This job is permanent, full-time. The preferred starting date would be 05/22/2017.
Qualified candidates will have at least 3-5 years millwright/maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment. Must be able to demonstrate ability/knowledge in the following areas:
* Able to perform standard Millwright duties which includes installing, maintaining, repairing and troubleshooting industrial machinery and mechanical equipment as well as welding and/or pipefitting.
* Able to rebuild pumps, reducers, air compressors, screens, conveyors, gearboxes, etc.
* Able to maintain all types of gears, bearings and seals
* Able to set and align equipment such as (but not limited to) pumps, gearboxes, etc.
* Skilled in the use of mechanical, electrical and optical instruments used to perform various alignment tasks.
* Able to perform the replacement, alignment and tension adjustment of all types of drive belts associated with the operation of Company equipment.
* Working knowledge of the principles and troubleshooting techniques of hydraulic systems and pumps.
* Able to read and make material takeoffs from blueprints, use sketches and blueprints for field work. Perform layout work as required.
* Experienced in using various types of lifting, pulling and carrying equipment such as, but not limited to, cranes (fixed and mobile), chainfalls, come-a-longs, pull lifts, etc.
* Experienced in performing the necessary rigging for lifting, pulling, carrying, etc.
* Install and connect various types of piping.
* Able to use various welding and burning techniques.
* Able to use a lubricant grading system,
* Ability to use various types of measuring instruments necessary to perform and check the work.
* Able to work within precise limits and standards of accuracy
Resolute Forest Products is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 manufacturing facilities, as well as power generation assets, in the United States and Canada.
We're a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.