• Oversee, delegate, perform and inspect all routine and preventative maintenance in order to maintain the physical integrity of the community at all times.
• Supervise maintenance personnel, and handle budget planning as it relates to the overall maintenance of the property.
• Institute and manage systems for resident service requests, grounds maintenance, and cleaning.
• Handle budgeting, inventory, supply and safety management.
• Oversee purchasing and vendor relations.
• Effectively handle resident service requests and work orders, correcting the situation within 24 hours when possible.
• Ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
• Maintain awareness of the physical condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions. Ensure property is clean and presentable.
• Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
• Maintain effective internal control over operational activities in compliance with best practice policy and guidelines.
• Required to be on feet (66% to 100% of the time).
• Must be physically able to perform some snow removal as needed
• Regularly required to perform the following activities:
Bend/Stoop/Squat: Perform routine maintenance and repairs; pick up tools, equipment and materials.
Climb Stairs: Service requests and make ready needs for 2nd and 3rd floor apartments.
Climb Ladders: Perform routine maintenance/repairs both indoors and outside.
Grasp/Grip/Turning: Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
Finger Dexterity: Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
Reach Above Shoulders: Perform routine maintenance/repairs, stock shelves, remove equipment and parts.
Writing: Inventory control, requisition requests, maintenance reports and work orders.
Lifting/Carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.).
Over 150 lbs: Rarely needed (less than 1% of the time).
75 lbs - 100 lbs: Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time).
25 lbs - 75 lbs: Frequently needed (33% to 66% of the time).
1 - 25 lbs: Constant need (66% to 100% of the time).
Note: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs is accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heavy items include: washers/dryers, refrigerators, A/C units, furniture, etc.
• Minimum 3 years of experience that includes plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, locksmithing and staff supervision is required; residential property management experience preferred. HVAC Certified.
• Prefer CPO and CFC Certifications.
• Customer Service and attention to detail.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be available to handle on-call emergency services after hours, on an as needed basis
• Reliable transportation to work and for on call hours
• Valid Drivers license
• Must possess strong problem solving, organization, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and develop a rapport with residents and staff.