This position is responsible for the daily management of assigned maintenance work orders including visual management, and will be the direct report for two maintenance technicians and two custodial employees. Will create and maintain a "safety first" working environment.
* Perform skilled and manual tasks related to the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds, equipment, and appliances. Work assignments may be in any of the building trades
* Perform skilled tasks at a journey-level in the various trades
* Determine schedule, sequence and assignments for work activities for assigned work orders
* Confer with other supervisors and management to coordinate operations and activities within and between departments
* Implement and maintain visual management standards identifying and reporting problems
* Inspect and monitor work areas examining tools and equipment to prevent detect and correct unsafe work conditions
* Create team environment fostering communication between team members and other units developing good communications and employee morale.
* Champions a continuous improvement culture supporting continued cost reductions, waste reductions, process automation, quality improvements and on-time delivery
* Other tasks and duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* One to three years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment required.
* Must have an understanding of basic manufacturing production processes.
* Good computer skills including MS Office Suite: Excel, Outlook and Word.
* Understanding of time management
* Must be able to work extensive production hours and weekends as required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Hillphoenix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a drug- and tobacco-free workplace.
Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled Workers are encouraged to apply.