Kerry develops, manufactures and delivers the largest and most innovative portfolio of Taste and Nutrition systems and Functional Ingredients and Actives for the global food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. With revenue exceeding $7.5 billion annually, and customers in 140 countries, we help develop products that delight and nourish consumers across the globe.
Kerry's history of industry and customer commitment, our employees' entrepreneurial spirit, and our team-based approach to value creation has established a solid foundation from which we will build new growth. If you want a work environment where accountability, agility and continuous improvement are part of daily life, we want to talk with you. Apply online or learn more about us at
Description and Responsibilities
We are currently searching for a Maintenance Technician for our plant which has bulk manufacturing, blending, conveyor, filling, labeling, and packaging processes. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and installing production and processing equipment and building facilities.
Major responsibilities are as follows:
* Set-up plant equipment for product runs.
* Perform preventative and predictive maintenance of plant equipment, conveyor systems, and machine tools.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and test PLC based production equipment and conveyor systems.
* Set-up, adjust, and operate a variety of machine tools to perform progressive machine operations and to fabricate parts.
* Close out work orders, maintain related records, and ensure internal customer's satisfaction.
* Read blueprints, diagrams, schematics, instructions and use hand tools, multi-meters, and testing equipment.
* Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Provide mechanical assistance and one-on-one training to less experienced co-workers.
* Notify supervisor of unusual problems, delays, and/or safety issues.
* Follow SOP's, GMP's safety rules, sanitation rules, and good housekeeping procedures.
If you are known as an exceptional employee who produces great work, enjoys root cause analysis and problem solving, and believes in adding value to everything you do, we want you to join our growing team and share our vision. The ideal candidate will have 3 - 5+ years of related experience, preferably within a food, beverage, ingredients, mixing, blending, and/or packaging environment. Working knowledge of ribbon blenders, ingredient sifters, Hayssen form, fill, and seal packaging equipment, Bartelt horizontal pouch filling equipment, cartoning machines, metal can seamers, Auger ingredient fillers, multi-bucket scaling systems, Ramsey check weighers, Markem printers, and X-ray detection systems or other similar production equipment is preferred. Additional experience with wrappers, carton erectors, automatic case packers, in-line scales, metal detectors, and conveyors is also preferred. Strong mechanical aptitude is required. PLC experience is a plus. Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis and resolve problems is essential. This person must be able to interact effectively with people at all levels. Basic computer skills are required. MVP Plant system experience is a plus. High School diploma or GED is required. Technical education or some college coursework is preferred. Basic math aptitude and ability read and write English is essential. Must be able to stand, climb stairs, work on lifts and ladders and lift and move over 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation is required. Must be willing and able to work overtime and occasional Saturdays.