Date Posted: 26/Jul/17 Requisition: Job Title: Maintenance Technician - Advanced Description: Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at .
The world's most revolutionary biopharma companies are partnering with Agilent Technologies to advance the next frontier of medicine. Agilent continues to invest in capacity and expansion of its Colorado operations. Join our team of professionals dedicated to the development and commercialization of nucleic acid therapeutics for life changing, lifesaving medicines.
Here's where your expertise and specialist knowledge really begin to pay off. By joining the Agilent NASD facilities team, you can demonstrate your multi-discipline capability in the repair, maintenance, installation and enhancement of process machinery and equipment. The responsibility brings many rewards - not the least the opportunity to keep growing your technical knowledge and skills.
Responsible for performing a variety of technical support duties in manufacturing and laboratory facilities. Duties may be related to installation, maintenance, repair and support of manufacturing equipment, technical support of one or more production processes, technical analyses and problem-solving. Provides problem resolution associated with components, parts, products or processes/systems.
A successful person in this position will:
* Support multi-discipline manufacturing processes with respect to the repair, maintenance, installation and/or enhancement of machinery and equipment or interrelated systems.
* Evaluate, inspect, repair and maintain manufacturing equipment
* Be a self-starter, accountable for their activities and manage a varied workload of preventative and "on-demand" maintenance activities.
* Demonstrate a positive, service-based, "Client" first attitude
* Work integrally with other departments and internal clients in a team environment.
* Solves complex problems requiring breadth/ depth of knowledge of technical discipline(s), operations, procedures
* Communicate effectively and keep employees updated regarding the status of repairs and work orders (scheduled and un-scheduled).
* Treat repairs and maintenances with attention to detail and an exceptional level of professionalism
* Have familiarity working in regulated environments (GMP Pharmaceutical manufacturing)
* Document each maintenance activity accurately and in a compliant manner within the service database (Regulatory Asset Manager)
* Demonstrate the Agilent core values of Trust, speed, integrity, focus, accountability and teamwork.
Note: This position will support varied shifts.
Qualifications: •Ability to perform preventative maintenance on a variety of mechanical and process equipment including general troubleshooting and repair responsibilities.
* Ability to perform maintenance and repairs on thermal and fluid handling equipment (Heat Exchangers, TCM's, pumps, agitators, piping systems and instruments).
* Demonstrated communication skills, including verbal and written communication, in contact with vendors, clients, customers, and employees.
* Ability to perform heating, cooling, ventilation systems maintenance on process systems including changing of filters and belts, fan and motor replacement, condenser and evaporator and cleaning, variable volume air controls and building automation systems.
* Ability to perform electrical maintenance and troubleshooting on process and mechanical systems.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, PID's, site drawings, and procedure manuals.
* Knowledge of good manufacturing practices (GMP) and Good Documentation practices (GDP) is a plus.
* Knowledge of OSHA, Agilent, and local safety guidelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
2 year technical degree preferred
5+ years related experience and/or training required
Tradesman certifications and relevant process equipment experience, a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be exposed to chemical fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and high voltage electrical systems. The noise level in the work environment can vary.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required personnel so classified.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1- (US and Canada only) or email . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Company: Business: Diagnostics and Genomics Group