We're seeking that person with a very rare combination in maintenance - a passion for both machines and people. With a deep rooted commitment to safety of our products and people, you are a key supporter of Torani's quality systems, and safe work practices. Delicately balancing your time between day-to-day needs and long term improvement activities, you are a champion of providing service to production, uniting internal teams on collaborative projects, and establishing strong vendor partnerships.In this role, you'll be working with us on our second shift (M-F 1p-10p).
You come to us with broad experience & knowledge in many facets of industrial maintenance from principles of lean manufacturing, PLCs, fabrication, & more! Additionally, you are well versed with CMMS technology, (i.e. Mpulse, SAP, etc.) and Microsoft office. Whether it's PMs, troubleshooting new complex maintenance mysteries, or helping out on the manufacturing lines, you will be a "go-to" team member for maintenance. Putting your industrial maintenance expertise to use, you will be an integral part of advancing our manufacturing operations to the next level, and helping us provide all the delicious Torani products our customer's crave!
SUCCESS FACTORS (12- 18 months):
* Safety: As a role model for safety, you actively prevent issues and have the courage to share concerns with others--even when it's not the popular thing to do. Lock out tag out, machine guarding, and other safety procedures are being used and you assist in training new manufacturing team members on these processes. You also maintain safe work place practices in chemical safety, confined space, hot work, electrical and more! When new safety concerns come up, you will have used JSAs to assess potential hazards, and propose solutions to reduce safety risks. Potential hazards are clearly identified and communicated to maintenance, manufacturing, quality assurance, and sanitation teams.
* Continuous Improvement: Status quo, heck no! As a master of innovation, you have a constant focus on building robust processes and making incremental improvements for sustainable changes. Supporting strategic preventative maintenance activities for each piece of equipment on your assigned line is a conscious priority, but never at the expense of daily production needs. Production lines are running well and important metrics such PM completion %, open work order status, % on time PMs, line up time, etc. are meeting line efficiency objectives. You will have updated PMs for relevance and frequency, and you will support special projects focused on continually improving our manufacturing operations. Through your day to day work you actively using continuous improvement principles (AM, 5S, RCAs) to move the business forward.
* Autonomous Maintenance: Vital to supporting our growth, you are helping develop a true living-breathing- autonomous maintenance culture. You continually strengthen our manufacturing team members' skills on light maintenance activities, including running line changeovers, completing basic operational PMs, regular inspection & monitoring, and understanding the sequence of operations for our production equipment. Additionally, you will have mastered how to operate each piece of our production equipment and when help is needed, you jump right in! Training materials are revised, and created with your assistance. As you and the maintenance team build light maintenance activities into the day-to-day habits of our manufacturing team members, you will have strengthened our preventative maintenance practices, and made progress towards predictive maintenance.
* Daily Machine Support: Machine acting up? No problem! You will have diagnosed issues quickly and correctly using root-cause analysis, and you will have helped create a scalable system for ordering and maintaining the right stock of supplies for maintenance activities. With a good pulse on the needs of production, you will have effectively prioritized and completed work orders for Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and special projects. In partnership with the manufacturing & quality departments, you have established a quick and easy changeover processes for manufacturing team members to run themselves. Line calls are answered with a high level of urgency, and equipment issues have been thoroughly & accurately resolved to support our production needs-our machines consistently purr with happiness!
* Subject Matter Expert: Coming to Torani with a large tool belt of industrial maintenance skills and experience, you are an epicenter of knowledge in motors, vision systems, filling & packaging equipment, and more! As an SME, you navigate complex mechanical challenges, identify the root cause of issues, and provide the right solutions. You have a wide breadth of technical knowledge that you continue to add to, and you're not afraid to ask for help.
* Have FUN!
* At least 5 years' experience in Industrial maintenance
* Experience with filling & packaging equipment (bottling experience a plus)
* At least 2 years' experience in a food manufacturing environment
* Ability to work our second shift (1p-10p Mon-Fri)
* Willing to work overtime and on weekends as needed
* Ability to lift 50 pounds
* Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint