Performs mechanical, pneumatic and electrical maintenance (including preventive) repairs, adjustments, inspection and monitoring of production and/or facilities related equipment and machinery. Uses judgment and consultation to analyze, troubleshoot and repair complex equipment and machinery. Works with general supervision. Prioritizes own work schedule. Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, diagrams, and equipment specifications. May provide guidance to floor personnel and/or less experienced technicians. Responsible for preventive maintenance scheduling. Supports installation and removal of equipment, and performance of required corrective maintenance. Effectively works in a team setting, supporting team goals and objectives. Make effective decisions relative to position requirements.
Uses judgment to plan, perform, make decisions, troubleshoots to provide problem resolution in performance of all maintenance tasks. Prioritizes daily work assignments to meet production needs and department goals. Responsible for preventive maintenance scheduling, completion of work orders and tasks as assigned. Works with general supervision. Works with external contractors and vendors. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal and written) to external contractors and vendors.
* Using mechanical, pneumatic and electrical skills, must analyze, troubleshoot and repair complex equipment and machinery.
* Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, schematics, blueprints, diagrams and equipment specifications.
* Flexible and adaptable in working with/on a variety of equipment, processes, projects or assignments.
* Understanding and use of trades mathematics, calibration techniques, and precision measuring instruments essential.
* Constant mental and visual attention performing moderately complex work requiring close limits of accuracy and tolerances.
* Lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving of equipment and machinery weighing up to 60 lbs. and frequently, may work in awkward and difficult positions.
Must be knowledgeable in the following areas:
* Use of a PC
* Troubleshooting of Industrial Control Systems (instrumentation, ladder logic, relay logic, VFD, servo etc.)
* Sensor technology
* Basic plumbing (fluid and pneumatic)
* Power transmission
* Basic machining
* Electrical troubleshooting of circuits from low level signals up to 480 VAC.
Additional experience in the following areas is preferred:
* SAP maintenance module or equivalent computerized system
* Vision systems
* Vacuum systems and pumps
Required Education and Experience:
Must meet Group A, B, or C requirements, in conjunction with corresponding experience requirements:
Group A: Associates Degree in applicable field (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Industrial Maintenance Technology) and 2 years of experience
Group B: Certificate of License in a preferred field; or 2 or more Certificates or Licenses in a related field plus 5 years of experience
Group C: Certificate or License in a related field plus 3 or more applicable on-the-job training courses or demonstrated proficiency in required knowledge and skills and 10 years of experience
Must be able to wear a respirator and appropriate safety and protection gear.