Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and the second largest consolidated owner of ethanol production facilities in the world. Green Plains, through our wholly owned subsidiary Fleischmann's Vinegar Company, also provides specialized ingredient solutions for leading food and feed manufacturers.
Green Plains Inc., North America's second largest ethanol producer has an immediate need for a Maintenance Technician at our ethanol facility in Riga, MI
Location: Riga, MI
The Maintenance Technician position is a maintenance crew member assigned to perform maintenance which includes areas of expertise in electrical-mechanical maintenance and installation, instrumentation, controls, Frequency drives, mechanical troubleshooting and repair. Primary goal is to assure safe and efficient production by responding to changing conditions in timely manner.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
Working in all areas of the plant:
oInstrumentation and Electrical repair and troubleshooting (Emphasis)
oElectrical Repairs: Motors, Motor Starters, Running Conduit and wire pulling (Emphasis)
oTroubleshooting and repair of PLC/DCS (Emphasis)
oProgramming of PLC/DCS systems
oTrouble shooting and repair of pumps/ auto valves
oTrouble shooting and repair of grain system
oPerforming preventative maintenance
* 50% of position is conducting electrical repairs and installations 50% conducting mechanical repairs and installation
* Moves, sets, calibrates, as needed, controls such as: knobs, valves, switches, levers, and index arms, on control panels to control process variables such as: flows, temperatures, pressures, vacuum, time, and chemicals, by automatic regulation and remote control of processing units such as: heaters, coolers, thermal oxidizer, compressors, exchangers, and other units
* Determines malfunctioning units by observing control instruments, such as meters and gauges or by automatic warning signals, such as lights and sounding of horns
* Inspects equipment to determine location and nature of malfunction such as: leaks, breakages, faulty valves and pumps
* Determines repair and maintenance of equipment
* Patrols units to verify safe and efficient operating conditions
* Lubricates equipment
* 3+ year of mechanical electrical experience or Maintenance Tech Degree
* High School Diploma or GED required with preference of Maintenance Tech Degree
* Familiarity with industrial equipment operations and care
* Experience with Arc and MIG-Tig welding
* Mechanical background with bearing changes, pumps, conveyors, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge in the areas of planning, organizing, interpersonal communications
* Strong Electrical Experience required
* PLC/DCS knowledge
* Knowledge of Hart Communication Systems, Profibus wiring and com methods, and Device-net
* Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs, and work at heights.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
* The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
* The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
* The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
* The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
RequirementsGreen Plains Inc. offers competitive pay; a generous benefit package; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; a retirement savings plan; flexible spending accounts and more.
All potential employees of Green Plains, Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
>" class="LinkSmall">Apply On-line >>>" class="LinkSmall">Send This Job to a Friend >>