You can submit your information by uploading a Resume/CV or your LinkedIn profile. If you do not upload a LinkedIn profile or a Resume/CV, you will need to complete the online submission manually.
Cepheid is looking for an experienced Automation Maintenance Technician to support manufacturing for the Tues - Sat, night shift, 3pm - 11:30pm. This is a contract position with an estimated duration of 12 months.
* In this role, you will be a hands-on technician in the Operations Engineering Department and will be the primary support to production in troubleshooting and resolving manufacturing equipment downtime to ensure maximum output.
* You will work closely with Production and Engineering groups in a high volume manufacturing environment to monitor equipment status and repair equipment to optimize performance.
* You will be proactive in addressing problems using the appropriate troubleshooting and repair techniques.
* You will carefully document all repairs and the appropriate adjustments made.
* In addition, you will assess the equipment's performance and repair history and work with engineers to plan and execute preventative maintenance schedules as well as work on equipment upgrades as appropriate.
* High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
* Minimum of 2-4 years experience as an Automation Maintenance Technician.
* Must have excellent communication skills.
* Have basic knowledge working with MS Office.
* Must have solid understanding of interpreting manuals and schematics and have strong knowledge in mechanical alignment and the troubleshooting of automated equipment.
* Must have experience working with pneumatics.
* Familiarity with PLC controls, Automation; Robotics, Microswitches, Synrad/Keyence Lasers.
* Basic usage of hand tools and the ability to use multimeters to trouble shoot equipment problems.
* Previous work experience in a Manufacturing environment; ability to repair equipment timely under pressure situations.
* Fundamental understanding of mechanical assembly and workmanships standards.
* Ultrasonic welding experience is a plus.
* GMP experience.
* PLC knowledge and experience is a big plus.
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Cepheid is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.