Position is responsible for repairing and installing production/manufacturing equipment. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or adjustments as needed. Must have own hand tools.
This position requires continuous work near heat, noise, gas, and chemicals. The position requires frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling. The position may require weekend and/or holiday work.
* Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment
* Repair all production equipment as needed
* Perform breakdown analysis
* Perform general housekeeping
* Upgrade production lines with new equipment/technology
* Work with outside contractors working on assigned line
* Change line for package changeovers
* Comply with GMP, safety, and audit standards
* Work independently under limited supervision (self-management)
* Documentation of work schedule and work tasks completed
* 18 years or older
* Pass the drug test; Pass the background check
* Pass technical assessment addressing job-critical maintenance knowledge areas
* Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
* Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
* Experience with troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
* Experience with reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics).
* Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays).
* Experience with compressors/ammonia systems (e.g., refrigeration systems).
* Experience with conveyers and airveyors (air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls).
* Experience with electrical systems (installation, frequency drive, troubleshooting)
* Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).
* Experience working in team based environments (working together with others).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law () & EEO is the Law Supplement () documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.