Provide overall electrical and mechanical support to all areas of the facility in order to minimize equipment/process downtime through effective troubleshooting of problems and preventative maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment as necessary.
* Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical problems throughout the operation to minimize downtime.
* Assist with the implementation of capital projects.
* Participate in the improvements of plant equipment to maximize productivity.
* Train others on acquired knowledge of equipment.
* Assist with major repairs/rebuilds with the appropriate skills.
* Maintain equipment at the best operating level.
* Exercise necessary precautions to ensure personal safety and safety of others.
* Maintain clean and orderly work area according to the 5S principles.
* Work in a team environment.
* Ensure accurate completion of all necessary paperwork and/or documentation including PM forms, Time log, etc.
* Understands and follows the Jackson site's environmental policy and the environmental impacts associated with their work activities.
* Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
* Must possess strong electrical, mechanical, and analytical aptitude
* Must be able to troubleshoot PLC functions and have a willingness to learn PLC ladder logic, which may require taking classes
* Must be able to detect and solve equipment operational problems
* Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload
* Must be able to work on equipment which may entail light to medium weight job duties
* Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
* Must have a working knowledge of pneumatics, electronics, hydraulics and mechanics
* Must be quality conscious
* Must be a team player
* Must uphold 5S standards
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Industrial Technology with a concentration in Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician or other Maintenance-related diploma/degree/certificate
* 5 years equivalent experience
* or Combination of education and experience
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; and frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; occasionally required to sit, talk or hear, taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.