Thisposition is responsible for performing the tasks required to install, repair,modify, overhaul, diagnose, test, and maintain power plant equipment andsystems.
* Observe and follow plantenvironmental and operational rules, procedures and guidelines.
* Strictly adhere to and enforce safetyprocedures as required by ORMAT, CAPP, and OSHA.
* Responsible for welding andfabrication of pipe spools, flanges, fittings and structural items.
* Troubleshoot, repair and maintainmechanical equipment as required to support plant operations.
* Perform routine and preventativemaintenance tasks.
* Process work orders, assist in partsinventory, and assist in requisitioning parts and supplies
* Responsible for training anddeveloping other employees.
* Provide recommendations forimprovements.
* Must be able to operate a vehicle ina safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert whiledriving for continuous period of time and read and understand maps.
* Must be able to operate a forklift,crane, rig loads and/or a backhoe.
* Must be able to work weekends andholidays when necessary.
* Must be able to work overtime asrequired.
* Must be able to travel extensively toother locations, including rural areas to work on other projects.
* Perform environmental and generalhousekeeping duties.
* Attend Monthly Safety and Maintenancetraining.
* Perform other duties as directed.
EDUCATION,EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* The ability to understand proceduresand instructions specific to the areas of assignment as would be acquired inthree to four years of high school.
* One (1) year of experience in themechanical maintenance or other relevant field.
* Must be able to communicate withother employees and read and write at a level that will enable to perform thework in a safe and efficient manner.
* Must be able to communicate verballyand visually in a clear and effective manner including in noisy and lowillumination environments.
* Must be able to use and acquireknowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing,spread sheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS word, Excel,Power Point and use of the Internet.
* Must possess at any time a validdriver's license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT's auto insurancecarrier.
* Must be able to operate a vehicle ina safe manner.
* May be required to obtain a Class Bor Class A CDL ? Tank Endorsement.
* The ability to lift a minimum of 20pounds in awkward positions and 75 pounds from the floor to the waist.
* Must be able to climb ladders, climbto and work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
* Must be able to work in confinedspaces and in harsh weather conditions.
* Protective equipment must be worn inthe performance of some duties
* Job requires sittingand/or standing for long periods of time with moderate bending, stooping, andkneeling.