CA - Garage -Truck Maintenance Technician Level III
Modesto, CA, USA
Sep 24, 2017
Location: Modesto, CA Department: Garage / DTI Reports To: Garage Manager
Your Role: Performing safe and efficient preventative maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting, and modifications on company truck and trailer equipment.
* Maintains proficiency in the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of all company equipment.
* Tests, repairs, and/or replaces electrical and lighting systems.
* Repairs and overhauls brake systems.
* Repairs and inspects HVAC systems on tractors.
* Assists in compiling and maintaining all documents necessary to comply with the requirements of local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
* Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
* Schedule: Wednesday-Saturday 3:30pm-2:00am
* Extensive standing and/or walking on concrete.
* Temperature extremes (summer and winter conditions) working in both indoor and occasionally outdoor weather conditions as required to maintain trucks and associated equipment.
* Will need to obtain brake inspection certification and Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within 6 months of hire
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
* Competitive hourly wage: Range $22.26 - $33.39
* Attractive benefits package: including medical, dental, 401k and Profit-sharing
* A family-friendly working environment
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
We Need You To Have:
* Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and pass physical abilities test to meet physical demands of job
* 2 years truck maintenance experience or technical school graduate
* Sufficient vision and hearing necessary to operate powered equipment safely
We'd Like You To Have:
* High School Diploma or general equivalency degree
* Welding skills and experience
* Proven success in a safety-sensitive position
* Experience with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and government regulations governing the handling and disposal of hazardous waste.