Experienced Maintenance Technician for apartment community. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package including but not limited to: medical, dental, paid time off, 401(k)
• Effectively handle resident service requests and work orders, correcting the situation within 24 hours when possible.
• Ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
• Maintain awareness of the physical condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions. Ensure property is clean and presentable.
• Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
• Must be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and supplies. Inform supervisor when shortages occur and provide details.
• Maintain effective internal control over operational activities in compliance with best practice policy and guidelines.
• Required to be on feet (66% to 100% of the time).
• Must be physically able to perform some snow removal as needed
• Regularly required to perform the following activities:
Bend/Stoop/Squat: Perform routine maintenance and repairs; pick up tools, equipment and materials.
Climb Stairs: Service requests and make ready needs for 2nd and 3rd floor apartments.
Climb Ladders: Perform routine maintenance/repairs both indoors and outside.
Grasp/Grip/Turning: Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
Finger Dexterity: Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
Reach Above Shoulders: Perform routine maintenance/repairs, stock shelves, remove equipment and parts.
Writing: Inventory control, requisition requests, maintenance reports and work orders.
• Lifting/Carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.).
Over 150 lbs: Rarely needed (less than 1% of the time).
75 lbs - 100 lbs: Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time).
25 lbs - 75 lbs: Frequently needed (33% to 66% of the time).
1 - 25 lbs: Constant need (66% to 100% of the time).
Note: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs is accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heavy items include: washers/dryers, refrigerators, A/C units, furniture, etc.
• Previous experience related to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry and locksmithing, painting, must have drywall experience with repair.
• Prefer CPO,CFC, and HVAC Certifications.
• Customer Service and attention to detail.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be available to handle on-call emergency services after hours, on an as needed basis
• Reliable transportation to work and for on call hours
• Valid Drivers license
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package including but not limited to: medical, dental, paid time off, 401(k)Company Description With 160+ apartment communities across the nation, Morgan Communities offers an ever-growing variety of living styles from mobile home parks to apartments and luxury townhomes.