Darigold is the fifth largest dairy cooperative in the United States based on milk volume, and one of the largest privately held organizations headquartered in the state of Washington. Since 1918, our producers have taken pride in producing dairy products with unsurpassed quality. Today we are one of the nation's largest agricultural cooperatives, producing over 8.5 billion pounds of milk every year from farms in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Utah. Through innovative technology and our efficient, flexible production capabilities, we deliver value-added products and customer-driven solutions. Darigold is now known throughout the world for bringing fresh, wholesome dairy products and ingredients from the Northwest to people all around the globe.
Darigold is seeking a motivated and skilled Maintenance Technician to be a part of Darigold's Sunnyside team. The Maintenance Technician will perform duties of a regular engineering specialist under the direction of production group leader. Must be comfortable in team based management environment and provide: preventative, operational, corrective/restorative engineering for all cheese and powder plant systems, buildings, equipment, machines and instrumentation. As a member of the Sunnyside team the Maintenance Technician will be a partner in the Operations Division. Will serve as instructor when requested, and perform in a safe and sanitary manner within regulatory and organizational standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
* Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
* Read, understand and troubleshoot using electrical schematics.
* General electrical troubleshooting of 24v, 110v, 220v and 480v systems
* Understand the theory behind process flow
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* HVAC Certification preferred, but not required.
* Min. 3 yrs. exp. in mechanical/electrical maintenance
* Knowledgeable in the areas of mechanical machinery, steam, boiler, pneumatic & hydraulic operations & Ammonia Refrigeration
* Read/understand blueprints, electrical schematics and equipment manuals
* Strong team, verbal, and written skills
* Must be available ALL DAYS, ALL SHIFTS
* Sanitary welding experience preferred
Note: We offer our employees a team oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including an educational assistance program. Darigold is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will submit to a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Applicants will be required to successfully pass the background check and receive a negative drug test result as a condition